Author Topic: Configuration Problem  (Read 8973 times)

John R

• View Profile
Configuration Problem
« on: September 24, 2013, 02:30:17 PM »
I created a new agency today, I went to the configuration section, but none of my changes take effect. I have only created one other member and made him an administrator. He has not tried to log in yet. Shouldn't I have admin rights?

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Configuration Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 02:38:36 PM »
What configuration changes are you having problems with? 

If you created the account you should have admin rights.

John R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 06:07:40 AM »
None of the changes I try to make on the configuration page take effect. I tried to change the time zone, I tried to add ranks, and tried to add certifications.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 08:10:02 AM »
There are not any known issues with the Configuration screen saving.  This could be a problem specific to your computer's configuration.  We would like to solve this for you, so sorry for all the questions  :D.

What browser are you using?

On the Configuration screen can you change General Configuration > Page Update Seconds to something different, click to the Members screen, then when you return to the Configuration screen does the value stick?

Is this a problem with drop down lists (time-zome) settings or all Configuration settings?

Thanks for your answers, we'll do our best to see what's happening for you.

John R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 12:54:33 PM »
I can make the changes on the configuration page, if I go to another page and come back, my changes are gone. I am using internet explorer, not sure what version (It is a Village owned computer). I was trying to add ranks, certifications, and change time zone.

John R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 01:30:38 PM »
Just for your info, I added my deputy as an administrator. He can make and has made changes.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 05:23:42 PM »
I am using internet explorer, not sure what version
You should be able to get the version in the "About Internet Explorer" dialog, usually someplace in the upper right.  If you can find it, having the version number would be helpful for our testing.

I can make the changes on the configuration page, if I go to another page and come back, my changes are gone.
Is the "Page Update Seconds" one that goes away too?

Thanks for the help, I suspect this is a old IE problem, but we haven't been able to duplicate it as of yet.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 04:25:47 PM »
Thanks for the help, I suspect this is a old IE problem, but we haven't been able to duplicate it as of yet.
Yes, there was a problem on the configuration with very old versions of IE.  It should be fixed now.

TARSAR

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 08:53:28 PM »
I'm wondering if it's more of a refresh issue?  Perhaps if you're not seeing the changes you're expecting to see if you use the SHIFT-F5 combination it will appear correctly as that forces a complete download of the page you're on.  I've had issues with older browsers not refreshing dynamic content correctly.