Author Topic: Difficulty Arranging Team Organizational Chart Correctly  (Read 8589 times)

Houston ARES

• View Profile
Difficulty Arranging Team Organizational Chart Correctly
« on: October 31, 2013, 02:26:21 AM »
I am the Emergency Coordinator for my local county ARES group. I am also the one that started the account. So far, I have been able to add other Emergency Coordinators since this is for two other counties as well. We call our group Tr-County ARES. I have all EC's involved in the members section o.k. and even have their respectable Assistant Emergency Coordinators in the right places.
My problem is: When I try to add regular members who do not hold either of these positions to the roster, and are considered as regular members, they either show as the leader for the whole group (top of the chart) or are separate all together from the other group as if they were another group of people of another organization. I have added the rank of "Member" to the ranking system and that gives the same results as adding nothing to the ranking system.
Please tell me where I am going wrong as I have diligently searched for the answer to this question and so far have found nothing addressing this issue. If you can log into my account, you will see how far I have gotten with this issue.???
BTW, Thanks for this GREAT site! It's going to be a wonderful thing for my group to use on deployments as soon as I get over this hurdle. ;D

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Difficulty Arranging Team Organizational Chart Correctly
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 01:10:19 PM »
Before I address your question, there is a new discussion starting here we would welcome you to join:
http://www.radishworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=577.0

I took a look at your account and I can offer a little advice for your Configuration:

All of the settings in the Configuration "Member Fields" are for things about the Member themselves and shouldn't relate to any current mission "status" of any person.  The settings for "Large Team Group Field Name:" and "Small Unit Group Field Name:" should be some sort of division or divider of how your team is organized when not actually on a mission or event position.  If you don't have a division for these settings in your team structure, these fields can be left blank. 

Settings for things like: On Scene,At Command Post,At Assembly Area,Waiting Assignment are already defined automatically in the "Teams" tab when inside of a mission.   Things like: "At EOC,At Hospital,At Home,In Mobile,On HT" would be better in the "Mission Types" section "* ICS Positions" setting. 

Here is a post about setting up org charts that should be helpful:
http://www.radishworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=553.msg2343#msg2343

Setting up your "Team Group Divider:" as "Home County" is great, but if you want an Org Chart to be correct, assuming there is someone in charge of all the counties you will need to have a "special leadership" Home County as described in the link above.

Houston ARES

• View Profile
Re: Difficulty Arranging Team Organizational Chart Correctly
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 08:54:55 AM »
O.K.
Thank you very much for your response. I will get on with doing just what you said pronto!
Sorry to be so late getting back with you but I went to a hamfest Saturday and caught a bad cold or something that put me in the bed all day Sunday. I am just crawling out to see if the world is still turning.(hahahah)
Later,
Gene