Author Topic: Documents lost?  (Read 7705 times)

KM2O

• View Profile
Documents lost?
« on: April 26, 2013, 07:16:46 AM »
Hi,

I am evaluating MM for use in our ARES program.  I uploaded some documents and now can't find them.  They are counted against the file upload limit but do not show up under the document tab.  What did I do wrong?  How do I delete the documents if I can't find them?
Thanks.

Dave KM2O

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Documents lost?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 07:21:11 AM »
Were the documents uploaded when inside of a mission?  Documents uploaded when a mission is open will only be shown in that mission, so you would need to open the mission the documents were added to.  Documents uploaded when not in a mission are "team documents" that will always be seen when not inside of a mission.

Is that the issue?

KM2O

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 08:39:17 AM »
Not that I can see.  Whenever I go to the Documents tab it says there are no documents.  But the field under Add Document says:

(Drag and Drop File(s) Here)
Team's Space: 2.86 MB - Used Space: 1.38 MB

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 10:55:52 AM »
There are no known issues with the Documents.  I would need your team name to take a look.

KM2O

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »
Eastern New York ARES

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 03:45:24 PM »
OK, it took a little digging, but I think I see what happened.  It looks like the documents were uploaded but the "Save New Document(s)" button (lower left) wasn't pressed before the page was left.  Mission Manager should have given you a warning, but it wasn't - that was a bug that's been fixed now.

Your files were there and using your allotted space, but since the Document wasn't saved MM wasn't showing them.  The should be shown now.  The reason the space was shown as being used, is the docs were really there.  The space would have cleared overnight, as MM runs code at night that looks for and removes orphaned files like these. 

Note: you might need to refresh the documents page (F5) to see the missing data loss warning.

Thanks for the report, let us know if you have any more trouble.  Also let us know if you need more document space.