Author Topic: Bad Activation  (Read 7981 times)

jlehman

• View Profile
    • San Bernardino County Sheriff's SAR
Bad Activation
« on: August 23, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
I attempted to set up an additional account for another team in my county, the incident management team. I went through the motions using a different email address for my regular team, and a different user name.

I received the activation link in an email, and when I clicked it, it said that the activation was bad, and to try again. When I tried again, it said that the user already existed. When I tried to login, without going through the activation, it said that I needed to activate. Ideas?

As I type this, I have thought of another issue. That is, what about users across accounts. After previous conversations, it was suggested that our multiple team set up in San Berdoo County would be better served by each team having their own account. In this case, I am making a team that will be made up of people already on an existing team. I suspect that it won't tolerate the same email address/username. Is this correct? If I am jlehman@sbsar.org on one team account, I can't be jlehman@sbsar.org in another account as well. Is this true?

JL
Jeff Lehman
San Bernardino County SAR
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Bad Activation
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 09:47:33 PM »
Can you please forward the activation email to support (at thing) radishworks.com?

I'm just guessing its that "+" in the email address that's the issue.

I suspect that it won't tolerate the same email address/username. Is this correct?
One single email address can be part of many teams.  The password must be different for each team login. 

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Bad Activation
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:32:10 AM »
Yep, it was that odd "+" in the email address.  That's not a typical email char, its a special gmail thing.  NP its fixed now.  You should get a Activation email shortly with a link that should work OK.

Thanks for the report.