Author Topic: Database Archive  (Read 9431 times)

jlehman

• View Profile
    • San Bernardino County Sheriff's SAR
Database Archive
« on: September 28, 2011, 01:01:34 PM »
With the data export feature now available for the time keeping options, it has greatly improved our data portability. This has been very helpful. Is there any way to be obtain a periodic database archive of all  the team's info? Something that could be emailed or available via a link. This would enable the data to be mined should there be a catastrophic server failure or, more likely, a personnel failure. I'm thinking that it wouldn't have to be something that could necessarily be re-uploaded into the system, but just the tables of info that could manually be searched in the event that something gets fouled. Any thoughts or ideas?

JL
Jeff Lehman
San Bernardino County SAR
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Database Archive
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 07:20:40 PM »
I'm glad the timekeeping export helps.  Slowly but surly I'm trying to give exports for as much of a team's data as possible.  I'll have to think about the best way to export mission data because there is such a different variety of tables - PDFing the Print All Forms is a bit of a stop gap.  Maybe a downloadable .Zip file that has several files for all the different tables would work.  I hesitate to email all the information (although I like that idea) because I set up something like that for my own team and file got to big to email (over 10MB).

There is new "Tasks" feature coming soon, and after that I'll try and add a few more fancy export team features.

Mike

toddclausen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 06:21:20 AM »
I could see something like a full export being very useful for our team.  What would be best for our needs is for everything to be recorded in the event log from team assignments to the radio log entries much as the general tab entries feed the event log.  We work at the request of many different agencies, and our final report to them always includes a complete timeline. Recently we have started to just use the event log in place of a couple other tabs including the radio log for ease of producing this final timeline.  A CSV download of all of the data for a mission would be useful in our case if it were all in the same file to sort by date/time for final report purposes.  Before we just switched to the Event log we would copy/paste the radio and event log and other data into a spreadsheet and sort...
Todd Clausen
People and Paws SAR

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 02:22:47 PM »
Full Mission Export button in progress.   In the meantime there is a new Export Button on both the Radio and Event Log pages that will export CSV files for their respective pages.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 09:31:40 AM »
All a Mission's Team and Debrief information can now be exported to a CSV file with the new "Export Team Data" button on the Teams screen. 

Mike

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 11:24:19 AM »
There is a new “Export All Mission Data” button on the Mission Reports screen that will .ZIP and download all the current mission data.

See this post for more information: http://www.radishworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=133.0