Author Topic: Security of Mission and Member Information  (Read 7810 times)

SAR1307

• View Profile
Security of Mission and Member Information
« on: October 01, 2011, 06:03:55 PM »
I am wondering what the security is like for this software.  By that I mean:  Who has access to the Mission reports outside of my local SAR Unit?  - and for that matter who has access to the members details such as their name email and phone etc. ?  I raise this question because of the sensitive nature of 1. the Mission information which technically belongs to the Sheriff in my county, and which we are obligated to keep confidential unless approved by the Sheriff, and 2. Members Personal identifying information and the prevalence of identity theft on the internet.  Can I tell my Unit members that they are providing their information in a secure manner?

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to incorporate this software in our Unit,  I just need some answers to the questions my Board of Directors has brought up.

Thank You,

SAR1307

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Security of Mission and Member Information
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 09:47:52 PM »
Welcome SAR1307.

First let me tell you Radishworks takes security of your information very seriously, my information and my team's data is in Mission Manager along with yours.  The only people who have access to any team's information is your team, and the Mission Manager system/computer administrators/programmers.   You connect to MM through a Secure (HTTPS) Web connection and a lot of programming care is taken to isolate one team's data from other teams.  We try to follow all standard security best practices and are always looking for any possible security issues.  Mission Manager has been adopted by many Sheriff Department teams (SAR and other types) across the US. 

With all that said, can Radishworks guarantee the security of your information 100%?  No.  I don't think you will find a 100% security guarantee from your on-line bank, social networking choice, email, or even your Sheriff's Department.  Anyone who uses a computer knows the quantity of "security updates" that get installed weekly - nothing is 100% security perfect, but we try to be as close a possible. 

Lastly I'll leave you with this thought:  Radishworks strives to keep all your information private and protected.  Sadly there are already many other sources on the Web of our personal information regardless of if we like it or not :(

Mission Manager is free, I do this because I'm part of a SAR team just like you are - It just feels good to hep other teams.  I hope your team is able to use MM over any security concerns.

Regards,
Mike

SAR1307

• View Profile
Re: Security of Mission and Member Information
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 12:17:32 PM »
Thank you for the prompt response.  It is good to hear that Data Security is as important to you as it is to us. 

SAR1307