Mission Manager > Feature Requests and Issues

Internationalization

(1/2) > >>

paul@mountainrescue.ie:
Mike tells me I'm the first user trying to use Mission Manager outside of the US....so here are some feature requests from across the pond. Most of these can be addressed on the "Configuration Page":-

1. Country of Operation: It would be great if there was a drop down list here where you could select the country where you operate in a similar fashion that you select your time zone.
2. Date Format: the default is MM/DD/YYYY. Can there be an option on the "Configuration Page" so that you can choose DD/MM/YYYY and possibly the seperator, e.g. some mainland European countries use the period - 25.12.2010. It would be good if there was an option for the format to be displayed as DD-MMM-YYYY, e.g., 04-JUL-1776. This could be defaulted based on 1. above
3. Member Addresses: On the "Members" page can:-
    a. the 'Address' field be changed to 'Address 1' and 'Address 2' as the addresses here in Ireland can be quite long
    b. the 'State' field be changed to 'State/County' and a drop-down list be used which is pre-populated based on 1. above
    c. the country's international dial code should be included based on 1. above. This is important in Ireland due to phones in Northern Ireland have the +44 prefix (for the UK) and phones in the Republic of Ireland have the +353 prefix

It goes without saying that this request is prefixed by a big PLEASE at the start of it!

Radishworks:
Welcome Paul,

Give us a couple days and we should be able to address most of these for you.  Changing the date format, "State/Country" and and adding a 2nd address line is now in the works.

RE: the phone numbers, I'd recommend you add the full phone number (with prefix) for your members.  I'm not sure the software trying to sort that out for all the possible options in the world would be the best thing.  I did expand the length of the phone numbers for you today to 20 chars.  Let me know if that's not enough.

Regards,
Mike

paul@mountainrescue.ie:
Hi Mike,
Phone Numbers: yes - i can confirm that it now accepts the longer string. I just entered an NI number which had 12 digits including country code.
Zip Codes: can i please suggest/request that you change this to 'zip/postal code' depending on the 'country of operation' on the configuration page. Can I also request that this be extended from 5 chars (for the US) through to 8 chars (for UK/NI). The funny thing is we don't have any post codes in the ROI although there has been some discussion about possibly introducing them for the obvious benefits.
Regards and thanks,
Paul

Radishworks:
Hi Paul,

OK, I think we've got you covered.  In no particular order, here's what's new:

* New Configuration Setting "Date Format" that lets you pick the format MM will display and use.
* New Configuration Setting "State or Country String" will let you change "State" to "Country" or whatever.
* New Configuration Setting "Zip or Postal String" so you can change "Zip" to "Postal" or whatever.
* Zip/Postal Field will now take 8 chars.
* New Configuration Setting "Use two lines for address?" that turns on 2 line addresses.
* New Configuration Setting "Use long phone numbers?" that changes the display length of phone numbers to 20 chars.
* New Configuration Setting "Emergency Number" that allows you to customize the emergency number that prints on the missing person flyer.  (we use 911 in the US, I think you use 999).
* All of the mission goals at the bottom of the General screen can be customized with the new "Mission Goals" settings Configuration.  Been meaning to allow customization of these anyhow and "911" appeared here too.I hope that gives you all the customization you need for Ireland, and I also hope it helps the next international team!

Regards,
Mike

paul@mountainrescue.ie:
Hi Mike,

In regards to:

* point 2 "State or Country String" - that should read "County" not "Country". I've already tried this out and appreciate that you call this field whatever you like.
* point 2 - currently field only allows 2 characters. Can this be extended to 20 chars as well please?
* point 7 is correct -  we use either 999 or 112 over here. I know in Australia they use 000. It's different again in various mainland European countries so I think this is a good idea.
* can the members page also have a field for country under the address details please? this may not be a problem in the US but over here we have 2 countries and the next island over has 3 ;-) wales, england and scotland.
I also have a query about the reports. Is there a report which shows you the details of the completed mission/searches in the last month, quarter or year? For example, the dates of the missions, generic details of the casualty (M/F,age,nationality), what they were treated for, whether they were evacuated by stretcher or helicopter, how far the stretcher carry was etc?

Best wishes,

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version