Author Topic: Unable to add email address under Members tab  (Read 7571 times)

pamiggy

• View Profile
Unable to add email address under Members tab
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:34:38 AM »
I'm trying to add an email address under the "Members" tab info. I'll enter it into the field and as soon as I move my cursor away from the field, the address disappears. While I'm typing, I get a red dotted line under the name, like it's not spelled correctly. Thanks

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Unable to add email address under Members tab
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 02:28:18 PM »
Sounds like it could be something happening with your browser's auto fill settings or something.  Are you having the same issues with other fields?  What browser are you using?  Maybe turn off autofill?  Try another browser?

pamiggy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
No problems with other fields, nor other members info. Was using Chrome. Tried Safari with same results. Auto fill off

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 05:52:23 PM »
Hmm, not seeing any issues.  Is this a problem with a specific email address or any address?

pamiggy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 07:04:16 AM »
I'm having the same problem with one member who had been on LOA, but is now active. It deletes their email address after I enter it and move the cursor under the "Member" tab

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 08:20:02 AM »
I'm having the same problem with one member who had been on LOA, but is now active. It deletes their email address after I enter it and move the cursor under the "Member" tab
Try refreshing the Members page (F5), I improved the warning message to give more detail if an email address can't be used.  Let me know if that helps.

Mike

pamiggy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 11:04:57 AM »
I tried the above suggestion, now I'm getting a message after entering the email addy that says "email address already in use for "                " . The same person I'm trying to enter the address for. I printed a roster from the member page and the member is listed only  one time without an email address.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »
Can you send a private message to support (at thingy) radishworks.com, with the details of the member and the email address so we can look into the issue for you?

pamiggy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 06:37:37 AM »
Thank you!

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »
I thought I would post the solution to this issue, in hope it might help someone else.  In this case there was a member with the same email address who's status was marked as LOA.  The "LOA" check box under the list of names needs to be checked to see those people who are on LOA, otherwise people with this status are hidden in the list.  It was this hidden LOA person that was causing the duplicate email address message. 

When one of your members goes on LOA, all you need to do is make their status to LOA - MM will automatically remove their login. 

When someone returns from LOA check the "LOA" filter option described above and change their status back to "Active".  You will also need to re-enable their login level to give them back a MM login. 

;D