Author Topic: Mission Manager 6.2 - Collect Member Responding Counts (and more)  (Read 10521 times)

Radishworks

• View Profile
Mission Manager 6.2 has been released, it includes the following new features:
  • MM can now collect member responses to missions. Members simply send a SMS or a email to an address prefix you define in the configuration, these responses along with short message can be seen by pressing the new "Responses" button on the Messages screen.  See the new "attending" settings in the Email Settings section of the Configuration screen.
  • New USFS Map layer for limited parts of California.
  • A Team Logo image can now be uploaded, and will automatically print on to various forms such as your team's rosters.
  • The colors of new objects draw on maps can now be customized in the Configuration.
  • New support for off-line or Intranet map layers in the Configuration.
  • New "quick" import option to add members to your team on the Member Import screen.
  • New "Delete Member" button on the Members screen.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:49:35 AM by Radishworks »

Del Morris

• View Profile
    • Sonoma County Search and Rescue Unit
Re: Mission Manager 6.2 - Collect Member Responding Counts (and more)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »
Love this feature - but there are some sorting issues.

Replies seem to be sorting alphabetical by name.
Where we may encounter Callouts crossing the midnite hour  would it not be better to be sorted by date and then time.

Or customizable?

Can you take a look at that and provide us with a solution
Del Morris
Chair NASAR TEC
Sonoma SAR

(707)338-4760
===========================
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and should be read or used by the intended recipient. Please visualize the smil

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »
Where we may encounter Callouts crossing the midnite hour  would it not be better to be sorted by date and then time.
There is now a Date / Time sort option.  There is also the ???? "Ago" setting.  This will allow you to look at responses from only the past XX time frame.

jgiambo

• View Profile
    • Sacramento Search and Rescue
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 06:38:03 PM »
I love the responding feature!

If you dont mind I would like to suggest an addition to it though. 
It would be really nice if you would write a twillo script that would allow people to text to my team's main number and link up with the responding page. 
For example I text: "yes Joseph Giambo Responding Ground eta 1820" to my teams phone number on twillio it shows me as attending with the message of "Joseph Giambo Responding Ground eta 1820"
My config: Forward Prefix for Attending for Message: yes.sacsar

(Side note my twilio config section seems to me MIA)

Also I think the time if off because I set the sort to 1 hour and my messages from 20min ago disappear.  2 hours ago does not have the same problem. 
Joseph Giambo
Sacramento Search and Rescue
Overhead Coordinator.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 08:39:07 PM »
you would write a twillo script that would allow people to text to my team's main number and link up with the responding page.
This will require a bit of work.  I'll have to make this a wish list item for now.
(Side note my twilio config section seems to me MIA)
Oops!  Fixed.
Also I think the time if off because I set the sort to 1 hour and my messages from 20min ago disappear.  2 hours ago does not have the same problem.
Also fixed.

Thanks for the bug reports.

Mike

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 02:10:15 PM »
A couple minor enhancements to the new Collect Member Responding feature:
  • There is now a new member permission Messaging - Responses that allows you to control who can see member reponses
  • Also a new member permission Messaging - Change Responses that allows you to give permission to members to change (add) member reponces

jgiambo

• View Profile
    • Sacramento Search and Rescue
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or a feature but:

When You make a response for someone ex make John Smith as attending, then you update his response Mark John Smith as not attending it creates a new record for him instead of updating the old record. 

Should it just update and record a new date and time or keep the old one? Maybe make a note of the fact that it has been updated and record the new time?
Joseph Giambo
Sacramento Search and Rescue
Overhead Coordinator.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »
Should it just update and record a new date and time or keep the old one? Maybe make a note of the fact that it has been updated and record the new time?
Actually its working as designed - at least for now.

Just like the sending an email to the responding feature, MM keeps all records.  Reason is (and we are already seeing this with our team), people are sending messages saying something and then sending an update, or they are changing their mind with another message.  MM is showing the message history.  I'm not totally sure this is the best way to do this, so we'll have to use it for a while and see what happens.