Author Topic: Access to Maps with Elements  (Read 7162 times)

SDCART1

• View Profile
Access to Maps with Elements
« on: February 03, 2012, 10:47:13 AM »
Under our general (not mission specific) Maps tab, I added a number of locations we commonly use: department offices, vendors, staging/receiving locations, etc.  They work great, for me.  No one else on the team sees them when they pull up the map.  There is nothing in the left-hand column for them to click on.  I was just working with one of my team members and changed her access from limited all the way up to full, and there was no change.  I even had her log off & on and a page refresh, to no effect.  What am I missing?

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Access to Maps with Elements
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »
When you are not logged into a mission the items you add to the map are view-able by you only, not your team.  The assumption is these are your maps not your team's maps. 

SDCART1

• View Profile
Re: Access to Maps with Elements
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:13:16 PM »
Well, that explains why no one else can find the maps.  I thought everyone on the team could see them and was hoping to use it to guide members to places relevant to our team.  It would also be beneficial when we add new members to our team if they could be given that reference.  From a practical standpoint, I don't need to mark locations on the map for my own benefit.  I either punch them into my Garmin, or I already know where they are.  Clearly, I have no idea of how hard it would be to allow the team to share these maps, but it would be handy.  Thanks.