Author Topic: Multiple positions  (Read 8846 times)

gpsar

• View Profile
Multiple positions
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:25:56 PM »
On some ops people hold multiple positions.  There is no way to do that in the program.  People should be able to do multiple IC positions.

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Multiple positions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 03:36:53 PM »
Since ICS positions for a person are logged in the event log as the mission record, you can simply add a event log entry as to what that person is doing.  Were a person is in the Personnel screen really doesn't matter, its what in the event log that counts.

Hope that makes sense.

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 11:28:49 PM »
Ok, will give it a try.  Would be nice just to be able to drag someone to two or more places as that is what usually happens.

tkleager

• View Profile
    • Scotts Bluff County CERT
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »
This is where you can go into your configuration and set up your own positions.  So you could have your Operations/Planning and your Event Logging/Radio Operator, etc.

I think it would be confusing if you are able to drag someone to two different positions.  I think if you either list them in the Event Log like Mike said, or change your configuration for your ICS positions it would be a lot easier.  Just my 2 cents.
Tyler Kleager
Scotts Bluff County CERT Webmaster
www.scottsbluffcountycert.org

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 12:39:01 AM »
As scenes evolve positions get filled but sometimes they are resolved before it gets to that so your comms guy might also be doing logistics or some variation.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 06:46:50 AM »
A great idea posted by tkleager.
This is where you can go into your configuration and set up your own positions.
My hesitation allowing you to drag one person into multiple positions is confusion or making things to complex.  For example, if you drug someone from Plans to Operations, would that mean you wanted to move that person from one position to another?  Or, you wanted that person to be in multiple positions?  The complexities get worse if someone remained in the Available list when they were also in an ICS position - someone making a team could put the IC on a field team. 

The driving force behind MM's design is an attempt to keep it as easy to use as possible.  This is not to say that MM will never have the feature of putting one person in multiple ICS positions, but a very intuitive way to make this a feature will have to be found to make it so.

Mike