Author Topic: Mission Manager Detailed Stats Update  (Read 6531 times)

Radishworks

• View Profile
Mission Manager Detailed Stats Update
« on: December 06, 2012, 05:15:40 PM »
Hello All,

Its been a while since I posted a general Mission Manager update.  I thought I'd take some time and let you all know what's happening behind the scenes and share some MM stats. 
  • I continue to be surprised at the growth of MM.  If you've been watching the stats on the Login page you'll see that more than 500 teams are now registered, we've passed the 1300 mission mark and over a half million messages have been sent!

• MM has been used for some notable missions, including several of the last hurricanes in the US, and even Hurricane Sandy.

• The team type who uses MM continues to broaden.  SAR teams are still the most popular, but there are more and more Fire Departments, Police Departments, and even some FEMA teams.

• The MM database is getting quite large, so large it may be time for another hosting server upgrade.  Well over one million records of data in the database now.  Behind the scenes a lot of auto archiving code is being created to keep the DB fast and clean.  If you haven't noticed anything but the version number increasing, all is good! :D

• Preliminary work is underway for a replacement for Instamapper.  I really like Google Latitude https://latitude.google.com/latitude, but the jury is still out on if its the best replacement.  If all goes well, APRS support would be nice to have too.

• For those teams who shared their location when they registered, I'll share a couple MM team location maps below.

Happy Holiday's!

Mike
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:50:08 AM by Radishworks »