Author Topic: Introduce Your Team  (Read 9454 times)

tkleager

• View Profile
    • Scotts Bluff County CERT
Introduce Your Team
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:32:33 PM »
This thread is designated as a place where you can share with the Mission Manager Community about your team and what they do.

Post who your team is, where they are based, specialties, awards, history, etc...

If you have a link to a team web site, please post it here also.

Please also tell us how long you have been using Mission Manager.
Tyler Kleager
Scotts Bluff County CERT Webmaster
www.scottsbluffcountycert.org

tkleager

• View Profile
    • Scotts Bluff County CERT
Scotts Bluff County CERT/SAR
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 08:02:38 AM »
Scotts Bluff County CERT was founded in 2006 and has been growing ever since.

We currently have 51 active volunteer members who range from housewives to teachers, nurses to bankers, construction workers to engineers working together to help prepare our area for the event of a disaster in Scotts Bluff County in the Panhandle of Nebraska.

While we are based on the CERT model created by LA Fire in 1985, we have branched out now to search and rescue, along with assisting local law enforcement in containment of crime scenes, evidence searches and traffic control for large events.  We also participate in National Night Out, Kids Safe Day, and assist the local community college with crowd control during graduation and other large events.

We work closely with the City of Scottsbluff Police and Fire Departments, as well as the Scotts Bluff County Sheriff's Department, and have recently assisted the Nebraska State Patrol and FBI in searches for homicide victims.

To find out more about our program, or to see what we have been up to, please visit our website www.scottsbluffcountycert.org..

We have been using Mission Manager since November, 2011.
Tyler Kleager
Scotts Bluff County CERT Webmaster
www.scottsbluffcountycert.org

Jeff Beckman

• View Profile
    • San Diego Mountain Rescue Team
Re: Introduce Your Team
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 01:10:44 PM »
I'm with the San Diego Mountain Rescue Team.  We are an MRA team that was founded back in '67.  We most frequently respond to calls from the San Diego County Sheriff's office along with the SDSO SAR team, although we also get calls from CalEMA to a variety of agencies having jurisdiction.

http://www.sdmrt.org/

Del Morris

• View Profile
    • Sonoma County Search and Rescue Unit
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 10:37:30 PM »
I am a 30 year veteran with the Sonoma County California Sheriff Search and Rescue Team founded in the early '60s. We are 98% volunteer working under a Deputy that is the Department's SAR Coordinator.   We are the only SAR presence in our county and we also are a part of the CalEMA mutual aid agreement within California.
Del Morris
Chair NASAR TEC
Sonoma SAR

(707)338-4760
===========================
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and should be read or used by the intended recipient. Please visualize the smil

jdrittler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 07:21:03 AM »
We are the Pope County OEM Search and Rescue Team based out of Russellville, AR.  The team has been in existence since the mid 60's.  We are comprised of three components; Wilderness Search and Rescue, Water Rescue which entails swiftwater, Marine Search and Rescue and Dive, and Communications Support.  We have around 26 volunteers and one paid personnel.   We respond to around 80-120 calls a year.  This includes requests for support to other agencies within the state.  We predominantly do water rescue, but have several calls a year dealing with missing persons.  For more information about our team, please contact the Assistant Director for OEM;
                   Justin Drittler
                   (479)968-1800
                   popeoem@suddenlinkmail.com

SFD CERT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
We are the Sacramento Fire Department CERT team (in - you guessed it - Sacramento, CA).

I believe our team started in 2003, currently we have about 280 members, with the standard CERT tasks plus USAR TF-7 deployment support, F/SW support, EMR support, and a fairly good communication component.

We have recently been receiving more requests for missing person searches and we were recently utilized as support with the Rim Fire.

We've just started using MM and I have to agree with some other posts - this is a REALLY good system...ESPECIALLY considering we can run it offline!

www.sfdcert.com

Dan Anderson

• View Profile
    • Minnesota ARES
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 12:05:16 PM »
Hi There... I am Dan Anderson, a senior coordinator for communications with Hennepin County Emergency Management in Minnesota. I was turned on to this tool this morning and absolutely love it. I will be using it to manage the HCEM Auxiliary Communications Team. As well, I am the Minnesota ARES Section Emergency Coordinator, and this is the perfect tool for situational awareness statewide. Thank you so much...
Dan Anderson
Senior Coordinator-Data Collaboration and Communications
Hennepin County Emergency Management
Medina, MN
...and
Minnesota Section ARES
Section Emergency Coordinator
KD0ASX

ab3em

• View Profile
York County REACT #6123
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 02:37:11 PM »
My name is Stan Walters and I am the President of York County REACT #6123 in York County PA. Several other REACTers posted comments about MM on a REACT list and so I setup our team early this summer with the intention of kicking the tires at a later time. So I am back to kick the tires. I am creating our Christmas Eve mission right now and LOVE the mapping function.

The current York County REACT team (W3YCR) started up in 2006 and is a partner in the York County ACS group (YARS - York ARES RACES SKYWARN) and supports county ACS events and drills, South Central Task Force operations and REACT specific missions. Several of our members are CERTs. We are all licensed Amateurs, GMRS licensees and utilize Part 97, Part 95 and county public service radios to carry out our missions.

I am going to figure out how to use MM for our team activities and then introduce it to our EC/RO and see if it can used to assist with our ACS group activities as well. Right now we do everything on paper. :)

REACT International, Inc.
www.reactintl.org
York County REACT
www.yorkcountyreact.org
York ARES RACES SKYWARN
http://yorkcountypa.gov/emergency-services/emergency-management-office/volunteer-respond/amateur-radio.html

Stan Walters - President
York County REACT #6123
AB3EM - WQFD736
Shrewsbury Borough EMC
LDS PAVOAD Representative

REACT teams generically support the following activities along with specific missions based on location and relationships with local agencies (EMA, LE, FD, Red Cross, etc)

Community Event Safety Communications -

Team members provide route safety communications, Lost & Found stations or perimeter control at community and special events.

Emergency Communications in support of local government and hospitals -
Team members who have a valid Amateur Radio license can take part in drills and exercises involving local, county, state and federal Emergency Management Agencies through the ARES, RACES and HEARS Amateur Radio programs.

NationalSOS, PAERN, CERT and Neighborhood Watch -

Team members work within their own block, development or neighborhood to prepare for disaster, prevent crime, etc. These programs benefit from the use of two-way radio services such as FRS, GMRS or MURS.

NWS SKYWARN severe weather spotter program -

A spotter training class is presented annually (usually in May) at the York County 911 center and is open to the public. Once you are assigned a spotter number you can call in severe weather reports to the NWS by use of traditional land line, cell phone or Amateur Radio.

Highway Safety program -
Team members involved in highway safety use CB, Amateur and cellular technology to report traffic accidents, road conditions, etc. Training is given in safety issues involved with accident scenes.