Mission Manager > Feature Requests and Issues

(1/1)

Ed Philpott:
What is the chance of two "text" message phone numbers available.  Our team currently uses pagers as our primary team notification, but I don't necessarily want to loose the ability to text members on their cell phones.

Is there a way to select more than 1 but less than "all" for how you want to send the message.  We don't use the "phone" method as of yet and not sure if we will.

Thanks

Radishworks:
Hi Ed,

I'm not totally sure I understand the question, but I'll try to answer. 

You can enter multiple text message addresses in the "Text Msg" field, just separate them by commas.  Such as "6195551212@vtext.net,7605551212@pagersystem.net".  When you send a text message all the addresses in this field will get the messages.  You can enter as many addresses as you want.  You'll need to find out from your pager provider what is the email address for the pager system - most pagers have this feature.

In the messages screen you can select as many or few people you want to receive the messages by checking or un-checking the check box by their name. 

Does that help?

Mike

Ed Philpott:
yes on the first part, I didn't know I could enter multiple numbers. 

Regarding the second part - I can select "text mess", "email", "phone" or "all".  The question is there a way I can choose text message and email.

Thx

Radishworks:

--- Quote ---The question is there a way I can choose text message and email.
--- End quote ---
Not currently.  You'll need to press the Text Msg and then the Email button.  If you haven't configured the Phone (Twilio) settings, no Phone calls will happen, so using the All button will just do the Text Msgs and Emails.

Mike

Jeff Beckman:
In case you hadn't discovered this already, after you send a message, all the text you entered for that message remains in the fields.  I frequently send out an email, then decide to send out text and voice messages too.  As long as I haven't closed the window, I can just click the buttons for the other message types.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version