Author Topic: Time Keeping not working?  (Read 14800 times)

gpsar

• View Profile
Time Keeping not working?
« on: June 03, 2012, 01:39:52 PM »
Can anyone give any me guidance on the time keeping function.  I have a setup and it worked on one event but not others that were set up identically.  Are there conditions where it will automatically log then not do others that are configured the same?

Thank you

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Time Keeping not working?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:26:50 AM »
Time Keeping will only automatically add entries for calender events that members have RSVPed for and Missions where the member checks in and then checks out.  There are two settings in the Configuration in the Time Keeping section that turn these features on/off.

Hope that helps.

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »
Thanks.  I have turned them on and basically added several events and it only worked for two I believe.  That is what has me confused.

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 10:25:14 AM »
Still puzzled as to why it's not showing.  Any help from anyone appreciated.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 07:01:10 AM »
What exactly is not working?  A calendar event or a mission?  If it's a calendar event, only RSVP events that people have signed up for will work.  If it is a mission only people who are checked in and checked out will get time keeping entries.

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 09:53:23 AM »
It is a RSVP event.  Some show but some don't.  At the onset I did a few and only one showed and I can find no difference.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 07:07:42 AM »
For RSVP events, your members must sign up for the event for the Time Keeping entries to be automatically added.  Also the Time Keeping entries are only added after the event has passed.

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 04:16:42 PM »
The one that it added automatically was like 2 weeks before it actually happened.  The others it doesn't seem to add. 

Does it matter whether or not they sign up by responding to the email or doing it directly from within the program?

What do the **'s mean next to it?

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 10:00:38 PM »
The one that it added automatically was like 2 weeks before it actually happened.  The others it doesn't seem to add.
Sounds like someone may have pressed the "Add Time Keeping Entries for Members" button before the even happened.
Does it matter whether or not they sign up by responding to the email or doing it directly from within the program?
Both do the same thing, so it shouldn't matter.
What do the **'s mean next to it?
Do you mean the "*" next to the members name?  This means the member left a comment.  Put the mouse pointer over the members name to see their comment.

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
I absolutely know I've been pushing the button before the event happens.  My logic was that when the date came it would add it based on who responded as coming automatically...almost like a reminder to itself.  So we're not to put that button until after the event has passed? 

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 07:43:50 PM »
So we're not to put that button until after the event has passed?
You can push the button whenever you like :), but only those people who are marked as "Attending" will get Time Keeping entries added.  Most people wait until the event has past, adjust who attended and who didn't and then press the button. 

If Automatic Time Keeping for events is on, the system will add the time keeping entries as soon as the event is finished.  But the automatic method relies on people marking their correct attending status and then actually attending the event.  The button in question was added because people often don't keep their attending status up-to-date.

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 11:40:22 PM »
So what is the exact procedure you'd like people to use to get this done right...

Make event
Add people
Send RSVP
People respond
Press button after event is done

?

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 07:05:42 AM »
If you don't use fully automatic event time keeping, then something like:

Make event
Set "Member Response" > RSVP or Signup
Adjust "Reminders" (if you want the system to send reminder emails)
People respond
[Event Happens]
Adjust "Signup and Responses" for who did and didn't attend
Press button after event is done

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »
Ok, got it.  But if you do use fully automatic you have to do it as fully automatic AFTER the event, correct?  If not what is the best procedure for that.

Thank you

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »
If you use the fully automatic method, assuming your members RSVP for events and then attend, you don't need to do anything, MM does it all for you.