Author Topic: Status change and email to all?  (Read 13211 times)

gpsar

• View Profile
Status change and email to all?
« on: June 20, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »
These are two separate things but at least one is easy....

#1 - When you change the status of someone (resigned for instance)...where do they go?  Is there a way to bring them back?

#2 - A nice feature for the future would be to be able to send an email from an outside account and if that account is approved it automatically relays it to all the members of a given group or the entire team based on something in the subject or first line.  This would mean you could just send something to the group without logging in if needed quickly.

Thank you.

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Status change and email to all?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 02:28:19 PM »
#1 - When you change the status of someone (resigned for instance)...where do they go?  Is there a way to bring them back?
They are still in your database, just filtered out by default.  Try checking the "Inactive" or "LOA" check boxes under the members list, people who have resigned, been put on LOA will reappear.  To change them back to active, simply change their status. 

A nice feature for the future would be to be able to send an email from an outside account and if that account is approved it automatically relays it to all the members of a given group or the entire team based on something in the subject or first line.
See Email Forwarding in the help file, this MM feature does exactly what you are looking for.  See : http://www.radishworks.com/SearchManager/Help.htm#EmailForwarding

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 02:29:11 PM »
Thank you.  Still trying the email but not luck.  Can you private email me what it would be to send something via email to the team as I must be messaging something up with the syntax. 

Thank you.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 04:53:11 PM »
Did you set up your prefixes in the Configuration?

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 08:50:44 AM »
Yes sir.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 09:06:41 AM »
I checked the email logs and I don't see any test emails coming to your account.  Can you try removing the . in your team prefixes and try it again?  I'm wondering if the "." in your prefix is confusing the part of the code that forwards to your specific units.

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 10:27:33 AM »
I tried a couple formats and each bounced back. 

If the team name is abbreviated as XYZ in the configuration and the unit name is admin what is the exact for config for the to address on a send to go to this email?  And can it be made to come from just one address?

Thanks

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 12:37:40 PM »
What was the bounce back message?  Remember only emails that are FROM a member's address on your team will be forwarded, if the from address isn't something MM knows as part of your team it will bounce.

And can it be made to come from just one address?
Try changing the return address in the Email Settings section of the configuration.

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 01:24:08 PM »
The error was...This Message was undeliverable because it was sent to an unknown address.

I've tried variations of the syntax with the same result.

Can you tell me based on the info in the previous email what the "to" address would look like to send an email to the admin group?

Thank you.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 06:48:55 AM »
Based on your setting it would be:

xyz@radishworks.com - for your whole team
admin.xyz@radishworks.com - for your admin group/unit

Can you please forward the bounce email to support@radishworks.com?

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 08:32:44 PM »
There are a couple since I tried different variations. I'll send all I can find. 

In your setup where does the prefix go?  You seem to have unit.team@radishworks.com

Thanks

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 10:05:41 PM »
Please remove the "." (period char) from the email prefixes in your configuration.

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 11:36:35 PM »
I see part of the problem.  I removed the "." before and came back and it's there.  Now it won't even let me remove it.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 06:55:25 AM »
I found a problem making it so you couldn't remove the "."   Can you refresh your configuration page (F5) and try again?  Thanks.

gpsar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »
Just tried again and got the error below.  The "periods" are staying gone now though! 

What is the format to sent a text to the admin group of our team exactly when it works.

Thank you. 

This Message was undeliverable because it was sent to an unknown address.