Author Topic: RSVP in email  (Read 7365 times)

Jeff Beckman

• View Profile
    • San Diego Mountain Rescue Team
RSVP in email
« on: August 26, 2012, 12:36:23 PM »
I get this request from my team mates fairly often, so I figured I should pass it on.  Everyone has weird ideas on how to implement it, and I don't know what would work, but the question usually goes something like this:
'Can you put a button in the email that lets us RSVP for events without logging in?'

I don't consider typing a username and password much of a time commitment, but judging by the large quantity of regular "No Response" team members we have, something different in the email might be warranted.  I don't know if a fancy mailto link could work, or maybe something cool I don't know about in an HTML email. 

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: RSVP in email
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »
It would be possible to add a link that wouldn't need a login, but this would require a bit of work on the security side of things.  A unique ID would need to be created for each event and each person.  I'll add this to the wishlist.

I'm not sure a feature like this will solve the "no response" problem.  In my experience, those who will respond will, those who won't, won't - no matter how easy you make it  :D.

RickSawyer

• Deputy Director, Wood County CERT (WV)
    • View Profile
    • Wood County CERT Website
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 03:18:43 AM »
I don't know if this will address your concern or not, but in our standard messages we added this template and post it at the top of outgoing manual messages that require an RSVP.

Send Reply To:
yes.wccert@radishworks.com if attending
no.wccert@radishworks.com if not attending
maybe.wccert@radishworks.com if maybe attending

Most email programs convert the string to a live link so all the email recipient needs to do is click on the appropriate link and then hit the send button. No login required.
Rick Sawyer
Deputy Director
Wood County CERT (WV)

Jeff Beckman

• View Profile
    • San Diego Mountain Rescue Team
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 06:13:41 PM »
Would that work for regular events on the calendar?  I was under the impression that those email responses would only work with mission responses. 

RickSawyer

• Deputy Director, Wood County CERT (WV)
    • View Profile
    • Wood County CERT Website
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 09:28:44 PM »
On the Message tab there is a drop-down area for Member Response. If you click the RSVP option, the message contains the response links.
Rick Sawyer
Deputy Director
Wood County CERT (WV)