Author Topic: Pagination when printing  (Read 8590 times)

SDCART1

• View Profile
Pagination when printing
« on: August 27, 2012, 07:15:16 AM »
When I print the Total Mission Forms Package,  there are no page breaks put in between the forms.  This results in the form pages being split up over consecutive pages.  Am I just missing some printer setting?

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Pagination when printing
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 07:27:50 AM »
Printing from a browser varies greatly (see other posts on this topic).  There is no magic printer setting that makes everything ok.  A different printer of a different browser may work.  You can also try printing to a PDF and then print the PDF (Chrome has a built in Save PDF in the print dialog).

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 07:31:39 AM »
Thanks.  I'm working in Chrome, but going to a network printer.  I'll try the PDF mode.

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 07:41:17 AM »
Save as PDF, then printed.  Exactly the same.  The PDF even shows the pages not paginating.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 07:47:41 AM »
Between what pages are the breaks getting off?  Not sure its fixable without breaking other printers / browser combinations.   

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 12:51:15 PM »
When I print, the first page is the map and it seems okay.  Next is Current Objectives, and the top of the next form (Current Organization) has crept onto the page.  On the bottom of Page 3, top two boxes plus a slight portion of the third box from Incident Status Summary now appear.  It proceeds in this fashion, with the total package being 28 pages long, instead of 29.  Do I just need to reset my margins or page sizes?

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »
I put the PDF in our team's Documents area.  The PDF looks the same as the printout.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 11:12:30 PM »
Have you tried a different browser to see if its any different?  FireFox or IE(ick)?

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 07:27:38 AM »
It was the same in IE and Firefox.  I will try them tonight when I am on my home computer and see if it is the County Network that is causing the problem.