Author Topic: Feedback from SAREX 2012 Class  (Read 9261 times)

Jeff Beckman

• View Profile
    • San Diego Mountain Rescue Team
Feedback from SAREX 2012 Class
« on: September 09, 2012, 09:45:22 AM »
First off, thanks to Mike for all the great support and thanks to everyone who put SAREX together and attended the Mission Manager class.  A few questions have come up this weekend which have given me some ideas for new features.  Some are certainly easier to implement than others, but I figured it would be good to put my thoughts down in the forum for others to chime in on.
  • Obtaining a terrain profile along a path would be a nice feature to have for some users.  Obviously this one could be tough from a programming standpoint, but for communications planning and moving ground resources, it can be a useful tool.
  • Once a marker is placed, the only way to move it is with drag and drop.  It would be handy sometimes to be able to move a marker by entering new coordinates.
  • Saved view sets would be awesome.  I'm thinking of just saving which map elements are checked and which are not with an associated name.  I don't know of a clean way of adding this to the map page layout, but I have a few ideas if it's a feasible idea.  This would be a way to hang onto things like Plans and Ops maps, or Division A and B, or un-clutter different operational periods.
  • I saw another mapping program that has a feature allowing a path (or track) to be split at a selected location.  This looked handy for the field team GPS download that includes the assignment along with their last trip to Disney Land and the backpacking trip they went on last year.  After splitting the track, you can delete the non-mission stuff.
That's all I've got for the moment.  I know some of these could be really tough to implement, but figured I'd share anyway.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:23:01 PM by Jeff Beckman »

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Feedback from SAREX 2012 Class
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »
All great ideas thanks for the post.  I'll add to the wish list.

Mike

JonathanHarraden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 08:14:33 AM »
Once a marker is placed, the only way to move it is with drag and drop.  It would be handy sometimes to be able to move a marker by entering new coordinates.
Dis this ever get resolved?

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 10:58:51 PM »
No, it was not implemented. We will review the features list on the issue.