Author Topic: Email responses  (Read 7431 times)

atucker@wcrescue.com

• View Profile
    • Warren County Rescue
Email responses
« on: October 19, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »
is there a topic on how to set-up the email prefix to get responses, i know i'm doing somthing wrong. in the configuration i put yes.wcr in the box and the email address i used to for that response is yes.wcr@radishworks.com... its not working...hum... still new at this.

Thanks

Radishworks

• View Profile

atucker@wcrescue.com

• View Profile
    • Warren County Rescue
Re: Email responses
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 09:57:58 AM »
Thanks for the quick response, i reviewed the link and it looks like i'm doing everything right but it keep sending it back to me"

This Message was undeliverable because it was sent to an unknown address.

Tos: yes.wcr@radishworks.com
From Address: atucker@wcrescue.com
From Name: Andy Tucker
Subject: yes
test

atucker@wcrescue.com

• View Profile
    • Warren County Rescue
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 10:34:40 AM »
ok so the SMS is working well, about a 4-5 minute delay, (i understand why that is carriers) i did notice that when i change the time from 1 day to 1 hour all the messages gos away but they were sent within the hour, it will do the same thing on 2 hours as well. The massages will come back once I put anything past 4 hours... just on observation. The email is still not working at all, I am using the email account that is registered  to me in the system... hum... i'll continue to play with it...

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 07:12:59 AM »
SMS is working well, about a 4-5 minute delay
This delay is normal and will happen with email too.  MM only processes incoming messages every 5 minutes or so.
The email is still not working at all
To MM incoming SMS and Emails are exactly the same.  So if SMS is working it sounds like you have things set up properly.  It could be something happening on your email side of things, maybe an alias or something?  Please let us know if you figure out what the issue is.
i did notice that when i change the time from 1 day to 1 hour all the messages gos away but they were sent within the hour, it will do the same thing on 2 hours as well. The massages will come back once I put anything past 4 hours..
This is working as it should.  You are setting the time frame MM will show you responses.  So when you set it for "1 Day" you are looking at all the responses for the last 24 hours, "1 Hour" is the responses for the last hour, and so on.  The idea here is that people don't "respond" to a particular mission, you assume they are responding to the current mission.  Responding to a particular mission just becomes too complex as people would need to have some sort of mission code or something like that.  MM tries to keep it really simple  ;D.