Author Topic: Calendar quirks  (Read 6545 times)

SDCART1

• View Profile
Calendar quirks
« on: November 02, 2012, 07:29:10 AM »
I have noticed a couple of odd things happening with the event calendar.  Every Thursday evening, we hold a radio net to practice comms, etc.  When I originally set it up, using the repeat functions it populated the future weekly meetings just fine, until the meeting was on the first day of the month (yesterday).  For some reason, instead of putting the meeting on Nov 1, it shifted it back to Oct 31.  To correct that, I had to delete the previously scheduled meetings and re-do the meeting schedule starting on Nov 1.  If I project it too far into the future and it again winds up on the first of the month, the same thing happens.  The other odd thing that happens is that I set a reminder notification for the morning of the evening meeting, but it is also sending one for the next week.   

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Calendar quirks
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:54:18 AM »
If I project it too far into the future and it again winds up on the first of the month, the same thing happens.
Can you post an example how to create an event that has this issue?  I.e. Start date, settings, repeating, etc.?

Thanks,
Mike

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:00:20 AM »
I put one in our calendar called "Calendar test event".  I had it start on October 4 and repeat weekly for 100 weeks.  When it gets to the end of October, it shifts the event from Thursday night, Nov 1, to Wednesday, Oct. 31 and then continues showing the event on Wednesday instead of Thursday.  I tried it on a Friday starting today, and it worked fine for 100 weeks.  Weird.

I didn't put any notifications on these test events, but the Thursday Radio Net is the one that I get the early notices on.  Maybe there is something quirky about Thursdays.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 07:59:05 AM »
That was weird  :o.

I think its fixed now.  Thanks for the report.

Mike