Author Topic: Offline- php files don't seem to download  (Read 16017 times)

M.Holmes

• View Profile
Re: Offline- php files don't seem to download
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 07:41:31 PM »
Hey Mike-

Affirm- clearing both "Cached Web Content" and the "Offline Web Content and User Data".  Attached is the screen shot of Missions-Offline.

It seemed like we had it working a few iterations ago.  Going to the login page didn't seem to work then, but the Missions page did.

Thanks for sticking with this-

Matt

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 08:57:21 AM »
I'm beginning to wonder is there is some security software that is somehow blocking offline data somehow.  Bare with me, there is some investigation questions below.  You seem to have some pretty good technical abilities so I'm going to give you some advanced hints as to what to look at.

When you are in FF and online, do you then see both the offline and online missions?  Your online screen should look the first image below.

After you are clearing all the caches, when you are first downloading a mission FF will open a message at the top of the page (its not real obvious so its easy to miss), this message will ask you if the site can store data on your computer, see the message boxed in red on the 2nd image below.  It's possible that you won't see this message depending on the setting "[] Tell me when a web site asks to store data for offline use" in the FF Options box.  (see the last attached image below). 

If you are not seeing offline missions when you are online like the image below, then there is a problem with localStorage.  localStorage is different from the offline page cache and its where MM stores all its offline mission data.  There is a FF addon that lets you view this data here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firestorage/.  If you see the missions when online, but they are not there offline, I'm at a loss!

Good Luck,
Mike

M.Holmes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 08:59:02 PM »
Victory!

I came home last night from our SAR snow mobile/snow cat training and started to noodle around with this again.  I used "Local Storage Explorer" and "Firebug" to look at what MM was doing behind the scenes and found that my latest issue was a cookie issue. Once I set FF to accept Radishworks cookies and not clear them after a session, it all worked. (This is in addition to not clearing the cache or offline website data). Your comment about security software got me thinking about privacy settings. Seems obvious to me now that I should have considered the role of cookies.

So now I can happily download missions and mess with them offline and then send them back online.  Having some trouble with offline team personnel not returning to available status after the team is finished/debriefed,   but that is something I am completely happy to poke away on for the time being.

Again, my sincere thanks for your time to help me wade through this. 

Matt

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 10:38:11 PM »
Great news!  Thanks for the update.

Mike  :)