Mission Manager > Feature Requests and Issues

ICS Functionality

(1/1)

SAR53336:
Before the Admins see me posting a bunch of requests, I have to say this is a phenomenal tool.  The more I work with it, the more I am impressed with it.  Just want to say thank you for developing this and thank you for offering it at a cost all teams can afford...FREE  :-)

One thing I noticed once teams are assigned as well as once members are assigned to ICS roles, is that there is no overall tracking of who is assigned to who.  Some thoughts;

Under the Personnel tab, add sub tabs that correspond with the ICS roles.  Change the job titles under the Personnel tab to correspond with ICS titles (Operations Section Chief, Logistics Section Chief, Deputy IC, etc.).  Each sub tab would also need some way to create new ICS roles based on subdivisions, that way all of the titles don't need to be spelled out, and users can create only what they need for each assignment.

Having a "Staging" tab under the Personnel tab that would display in a table things like the member name, and then check marks indicating level of training/resource i.e. Field Qualified, K9, Mounted, ICS 100/200/etc, Quad, etc.  The current "Show Only" function is great, however if you are assigning multiple assignments it would be helpful to see all the qualifications at a glance so that assets could be assigned to their highest and best use (i.e. not assigning a Pilot to a ground team).

Also when creating a Team, it would be helpful if you could assign that team to an ICS section, and having the ability to pull up a organizational chart to view all teams and who is assigned where (even more so when operating different divisions and each division is assigned a different radio frequency).

Just some thoughts, again...excellent tool!!!!!

~Chris

Radishworks:

--- Quote ---Just want to say thank you for developing this and thank you for offering it at a cost all teams can afford...FREE  :-)
--- End quote ---
Thank you, much appreciated!

All of your suggestions are very good, and we'll add them the feature request list.  Some of these are a bit advanced from an ICS standpoint - but we like advanced. 

One thing about MM is: we have tried to find that balance of powerful enough, but not so overloaded with features it becomes hard to use.  We've looked at several other ICS type programs (for our team) and found many of them to be so overdone with ICS standards they became too hard to use.  Again, we'll always take feature requests and continue to balance that ease of use with more advanced ICS functionality.

Thanks,
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version