Author Topic: Changing default unit notification list in Calendar and Messaging  (Read 6938 times)

SDCART1

• View Profile
Currently, when you set a new event on the calendar, or send out a message, the default is to send it to everyone in every unit on your team.  Our team is broken up into several units because our job is to coordinate all animal responders county-wide.  This includes organizations (the members of which I have put in under separate units) that we have minimal interaction with except during a disaster event.  Our management unit consists of 11 people out of over 100.  If we forget to unselect all, then select only our unit, all of those 100+ people get informed of something that they have no involvement with.  Would it be possible to change the default on messages and calendars to no units?  Then, if we forgot to pick the unit, at least we wouldn't be getting 100 WTF e-mails back from people.  :o

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Changing default unit notification list in Calendar and Messaging
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:24:51 PM »
I think I have an idea for you.  Give me a little time and see if I can give you a solution.

Mike

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 07:00:58 AM »
Thanks

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 05:01:53 PM »
Done.  You will now find a setting on the event creation screen that will save the unit and certification checks for when the next event is created.

Mike

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 07:56:48 PM »
Sweet!  Looks like I have a bunch of new options to check on.  APRS!  Awesome.  Thanks for all you do.