Author Topic: K9 name on assignment  (Read 6218 times)

btrautman

• View Profile
K9 name on assignment
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:04:36 AM »
We used MM again this weekend on several exercises  for our Search Team Member school. Again we received very impressive feedback from the managers, instructors and even students. It made our check in process so much smoother and quicker.
I do have one more request. In Maryland we like to capture the name of the K9 used on the task assignment form. Several handlers use multiple canines and this allows us to document the K9 that was used on a particular task. I realize the easy fix is to just enter the name of the K9 in the "notes" section of the team (task) assignment. Is there any chance of adding a K9 box to the assignment section when we select K9 assignment? Would it be possible to even check the K9's in on the search so you can select them from a list of available resources? Just some thoughts. sorry for adding to your work load. ;)
I tried to attach our currant Task Assignment/Debrief Report put I kept getting an error. I can e-mail it to you if it helps.
In addition does anyone else use Search Urgency Charts to help qualify the response of the Search? Any thoughts about adding a Search Urgency Chart to the mission?
Thanks
Sergeant Brent Trautman
Maryland Natural Resources Police
Tactical Response Team

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: K9 name on assignment
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 02:10:02 PM »
Is there any chance of adding a K9 box to the assignment section when we select K9 assignment?
This was a considered feature, and could be a possible feature in the future.  Currently the "Notes" section is best or even better the dog handler can fill in this information in their debrief description.  When this was looked at as a feature it quickly got complicated.  One handler with two different K9s two handlers and K9s on the same team, etc.     MM tries to keep everything as simple as possible. 
Would it be possible to even check the K9's in on the search so you can select them from a list of available resources?
You could always add your K9s as Members and then check them in like you do people. 
In addition does anyone else use Search Urgency Charts to help qualify the response of the Search? Any thoughts about adding a Search Urgency Chart to the mission?
I know some teams create these and then check them into the Mission documents.  There are too many different charts and search standards to make it a part of MM directly, that would take a standard of some sort.

Mike

btrautman

• View Profile
Re: K9 name on assignment
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:32:16 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, and I can certainly see how that would become complicated.
Thanks
Brent
Sergeant Brent Trautman
Maryland Natural Resources Police
Tactical Response Team