Author Topic: Lost the specific debrief info because I changed the "Team Assignment Type"  (Read 7642 times)

btrautman

• View Profile
Ok I feel like an idiot! In an effort to maintain standardization I changed the "Team Assignment Types" in the configuration settings to mirror the terminology we currently use. I didn't even consider the ramifications of loosing the specific debriefing information for that type of assignment. Is there anyway to reset/restore the original types or get the debrief questions to line up with our assignment types? I hate self imposed headaches!  >:(
Sergeant Brent Trautman
Maryland Natural Resources Police
Tactical Response Team

Radishworks

• View Profile
NP, its easy to get them back. 

The default team types for a Missing Person Mission are:
"Area/Line,Bike,Command Task,Equestrian,Hasty,Interview,K9,Medical,Motorized,Other,Quad,Tech Rescue,Tracking,Undefined,USAR"

How's this?  Below are the key words in a team type that trigger the various debrief supplemental.  If you (or anyone else) would like to add other key words to trigger the same supplemental fields, just post the words you'd like to add.

"Hasty" - will trigger the Hasty Supplemental fields.
"Area/Line" - will trigger the Area / Line Supplemental fields.
"K9" and "Dog" - will trigger the K9 Supplemental fields.
"Equestrian", "Horse" and "Mounted" - will trigger the Equestrian Supplemental fields.
"Tracking" - will trigger the Tracking Supplemental fields.

Mike

btrautman

• View Profile
Thanks, and sorry for creating more work for you.
But if I try to change the fields such as creating "K9 Trailing", or separating "Area" and "Line" to customize them in the configurations that will not trigger the custom fields.
Thanks for saving my bacon.
Brent
Sergeant Brent Trautman
Tactical Response Team

btrautman

• View Profile
Ok an additional issue. For some reason the Assignment Types in the drop down box on the "Mission" Team" assignment page don't match what i have set in the "Configuration" tab. I have tried to close out MM and reopen several times and it continues to be a problem.
Sergeant Brent Trautman
Tactical Response Team

Radishworks

• View Profile
"K9 Trailing", or separating "Area" and "Line" to customize them in the configurations that will not trigger the custom fields.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.  Its the whole team type that triggers the fields.  I changed it to the following:

"Hasty" - will trigger the Hasty Supplemental fields.
"Area", "Line" and "Area/Line" - will trigger the Area / Line Supplemental fields.
"K9", "Dog","K9 Training" and "Dog Training" - will trigger the K9 Supplemental fields.
"Equestrian", "Horse" and "Mounted" - will trigger the Equestrian Supplemental fields.
"Tracking" - will trigger the Tracking Supplemental fields.

Ok an additional issue. For some reason the Assignment Types in the drop down box on the "Mission" Team" assignment page don't match what i have set in the "Configuration" tab.
Seeing these changes depends on the "Mission Type:" field in the Mission - General screen (upper right).  If the "Mission Type:" field isn't set and blank the mission settings should come from whichever of the Mission Types in the Configuration that is marked with the check box "Default Mission Type".  If the "Mission Type:" in the General screen is set to another type, the mission should inherit the Configuration for that type.

Does that help?

btrautman

• View Profile
Yes that helped a lot! I didn't even think about changing the Mission Type. We do use slightly different terms but I'm not sure it's worth the time for you to make the changes but I will through them out.
Linear- (in addition to line) for the area/line supplemental field
K9 Airscent, K9 Trailing, K9 Water, K9 HRD- for the K9 supplemental field
Sign Cutting- for the Tracking supplemental field
Again these are very minor and the key words you already have will work, so don't feel obligated to make any additions.
Sergeant Brent Trautman
Tactical Response Team

Radishworks

• View Profile
NP, new words added.  ;D