Author Topic: Task Options  (Read 6614 times)

ClayCorbett

• View Profile
Task Options
« on: March 27, 2013, 06:04:04 PM »
I love the task option on the main screen of the Mission Manager program. It allows me to assign a task to a team member. What I would like to see is a Task Option on an ACTIVE Mission so that I can assign a team a task with locations, directions, assignment duties along with time stamps of when arrived, when task is commencing, when task completed, when team returning to staging location. At this point in time during the Mission Manager I cannot assign an active task to anyone due to no option. What does anyone else think???

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Task Options
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »
Tasks are designed to be non-mission things, team assignments are designed to be for the mission tasks.  Team assignments pretty much track all the information you are asking for and there is no reason a team can't be a single person.  Would a Team work for you?

I'll let everyone else comment on this as a possible new feature  ;D

ClayCorbett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 07:03:59 AM »
The team assignment works great, but does not allow you to enter an objective for the team or actually track seperate operations during an operational period when you have added a different mission type than whats already pre programmed in mission manager. Ex. I made a mission for a special event that my team will be working with the possibility of multiple search/rescue operations. The team assignment only allows you to put the members in the proper team, but doesnt allow for actual tracking of tasks for the individual teams. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to add something under configuration?

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 07:14:26 AM »
I don't think you are doing anything wrong.  Currently the "Tasks" can't be configured to work on a specific mission.   This could be added as a feature, but will require a bit of work as it will affect all the mission logging history, etc.

Anyone else think this would be useful?

btrautman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 01:45:56 PM »
Clay, when we started using MM it took us a while to change our use of terms. We always used "Task" to describe an assignment. So it was a bit counter-intuitive to click on the "Team" tab to create what we considered a "Task". Is part of the issue terminology? We only create a mission for an actual mission or a training, we haven't created them for events, so we have not run into the issues you are describing. We are currently running a search team member training with members of multiple NGO teams attending. For this training we use the Task tab to assign homework with deadlines etc, but we didn't create a "mission". It sounds like you may be describing the need for an "Event" type of tab where you could assign tasks for a specific event? I think putting the current "Task" tab could create a lot of confusion. At least that would be the case for us. I would be interested in hearing more of how you are using it in case I am not capturing it correctly.
Brent
Sergeant Brent Trautman
Maryland Natural Resources Police
Tactical Response Team