Author Topic: radio call sign linked to name  (Read 6197 times)

btrautman

• View Profile
radio call sign linked to name
« on: April 16, 2013, 08:27:22 PM »
Is there any way of linking a person's radio call sign to their name on a team assignment? It would be nice to look at the team assignment and automatically see their radio call sign. I think it would make it a lot easier for our comms folks to keep track of units in the field. It would also be nice if it showed up on the actual Team Assignment report that we print out. When we task out an assignment we change the "assignment name" to the task number, which is the day- the next numerical assignment (16-1, if it was assigned today and was the first assignment). I would like to hear how other teams handle the assignment numbering/name.
Brent
Sergeant Brent Trautman
Maryland Natural Resources Police
Tactical Response Team

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: radio call sign linked to name
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 06:50:31 AM »
I think most agencies identify teams in the field via their team (task) name/number rather than individual member radio #'s/IDs. 

I added "Radio #" (or what ever you have the field title customized to) in the little popup when a the mouse if hovered over the member name in the Teams, Personnel or Messages screens.  Does that help?

Mike

btrautman

• View Profile
Re: radio call sign linked to name
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 08:35:34 AM »
I do like having the radio id in the pop up box. I'll play with it and see if that helps.
We discussed using the teams assignment number as their call sign, and we may go to that. It will just take a bit of a transition period to retrain folks. It is helpful to know how other teams do it. Its something for us to continue to discuss. Thanks
Brent 
Sergeant Brent Trautman
Maryland Natural Resources Police
Tactical Response Team