Author Topic: Expanding event and multiple agencies  (Read 5665 times)

SDCART1

• View Profile
Expanding event and multiple agencies
« on: April 18, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
Has anyone dealt with the following type of situation, and how did you handle it with Mission Manager?:

A small disaster starts in the jurisdiction of one agency.  That agency responds, setting up their IC and operations using MM.  After some period of time, the disaster expands to a much larger area which now involves the jurisdiction of other agencies, or a County-wide agency.  The larger agency now assumes IC and also uses MM for their operations.  However, the initial agency and the larger agency have separate MM accounts.  How does all of the information from the initial agency get transferred into the new agency's MM operation?   

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Expanding event and multiple agencies
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 10:06:09 AM »
Good question. 

MM appears to becoming a a standard in some areas of the country.  Local, state and even federal teams are now using MM.  The more teams who are using MM, the more often the need to share mission data.  I know of many, many missions that crossed multiple agencies, but I don't know of any where the larger agency took control of the mission - that's not to say there isn't any, I just don't know of them.

As anyone who follows this forum knows, MM features are driven by your requests and real life issues in the field.  It is technically possible to transfer missions between agencies using MM and/or more tightly integrate neighboring agencies team infomation.  The biggest concern becomes security, but i think this can be overcome.  Anyone who has been a first responder, knows there is are often barriers between agencies working together.  It would be great if MM could help break down some of these barriers!   ;D

The best thing anyone can do who believes in MM, is help your neighboring, parent, and larger agencies get started with MM.  The more agencies using the tool, the more need to share information, and this will drive the ability to do so.

Mike