Author Topic: Repeating events overwrite  (Read 6075 times)

SDCART1

• View Profile
Repeating events overwrite
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:00:04 AM »
For my team, I have set up a repeating monthly training event.  When I put the new information in about an upcoming training, and hit Update, I am asked if I want to update all repeating events.  I always hit No, because the changes only affect that particular training.  Unfortunately, recently an event was changed (not by me) and the update all was hit.  Now, it wouldn't be a big deal if it only updated the future events.  That would be easy to change.  But it overwrote all the previous monthly training info as well.  Would it be possible to change this so that it only updates future events?  Thanks.

Oh, and if you look at our calendar you will see that we alternate between Saturday and Sunday month to month.  It was only the Sunday training events that were changed.

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Repeating events overwrite
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 01:15:39 PM »
Would it be possible to change this so that it only updates future events?
After some thought, I'm not sure it makes sense to update the events that have already passed.  So wish granted, the update of repeating events will only update the ones that have not yet occurred. 

Thanks for the post.

SDCART1

• View Profile
Re: Repeating events overwrite
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 06:11:44 AM »
Thanks for the fix.  It will allow teams to use the calendar to keep track of what they did in previous trainings.