Author Topic: Calendars, Emails and Privacy  (Read 6404 times)

Jeff Beckman

• View Profile
    • San Diego Mountain Rescue Team
Calendars, Emails and Privacy
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »
After getting added to a new team's Mission Manager account recently, I came across a new issue.  There are people on that team who can make calendar items that send me notifications,  but I don't know who these people are or have their email addresses.  Since I don't have permission to see contact info for all the units on this team, I can't look them up to send an email and ask a question. 

Can you add a button to calendar events that brings up a form and sends them an email from me, so I can ask things like "Can I come to this event?"?  That would allow me to ask questions, give them my email address, and let them decide if they want to respond and how. 

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Calendars, Emails and Privacy
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 12:08:40 PM »
Before adding a new button, can you try this:  With any calender event, you should be able to see who created it at the top: i.e. "Event - Created/Edited by: Dan Yackie (sample)"  Given the name, you should be able to do a "Search" at the bottom of the Members screen to get that person's basic contact info.  As long as you can log into a team's account the search will give you basic contact information for anyone in that team. 

Jeff Beckman

• View Profile
    • San Diego Mountain Rescue Team
Re: Calendars, Emails and Privacy
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:15:59 PM »
That work's pretty good.  For some reason that wasn't obvious to me.  I'll let my team know that they can search for people who aren't on the list of members if they need to get in touch with someone.  Thanks.