Author Topic: Automatic notifications not happening  (Read 9984 times)

SDCART1

• View Profile
Automatic notifications not happening
« on: June 18, 2013, 12:08:20 PM »
For some reason, the monthly time-keeping reminders, 60-day certification reminders, 90-day status updates, and the reminders on some recurring events are not being sent (or at least, not received).  I do get the weekly reminder for radio net night, as well as other messages sent out by MM.  Have I managed to flip some mystery switch somewhere?

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Automatic notifications not happening
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »
I just checked, and it looks like all the notifications are going out OK.  Could these be getting caught in a new tougher SPAM filter?

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:30:03 AM »
I'll check.  But mine goes to three different e-mails, each on different servers.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:50:33 AM »
I've been thinking about this, I'm wondering if it might be best to drop the MM feature of the sending out Time Keeping reminders.  Reason being, this can be easily done with a calendar event that sends out a notification.  Doing it this way would allow a lot more flexibility in the reminder and simply the MM code.  Whenever I can simplify MM and keep functionality, I like to jump on those changes.

Mike

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 09:06:51 AM »
I checked my spam filters - no luck.  I will be meeting with some other team members this evening and see if they are having similar issues.  It's not just the monthly time-keeping reminder, its the other reminders that concern me.  Especially the repeating monthly training one.  It seems that once I RSVP'd to one training, it isn't telling me about the future months because I already RSVP'd to one three months ago.  :o

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 07:47:01 PM »
Beware. that some email providers will sometimes filter email as SPAM before you ever see it.  Very frustrating for those who are trying to send legit emails.  All I can do is confirm it leaves the MM server, what happens to emails after that is out of my control  :(

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 07:25:39 AM »
OK.  Oddly enough, I get other regular messages from MM, and the weekly reminders for the radio net that we worked out previously.  I'll keep digging on my end and see if I can find anything.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 09:40:55 AM »
Often a single word or phrase can cause a SPAM filter to trigger.  Trouble is those who make the filters won't tell anyone what those phases are, or the SPAMers would use that information to draft messages that will get through. 

What are your thoughts about dropping the automatic MM Time Keeping emails and replacing that feature with Calender events and reminders? 

SDCART1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 10:42:17 AM »
I like the idea of having the program be the nag, instead of me.  But if that works easier in the Calendar, then I can live with that too.

tkleager

• View Profile
    • Scotts Bluff County CERT
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 07:21:10 PM »
I like the Time Keeping reminders and would like to continue to use them.  We don't use the calendar function because we already have a Google Calendar that does our events and is synced with our website.  Unless there is a way to sync our MM calendar with Google Cal and I don't know it?
Tyler Kleager
Scotts Bluff County CERT Webmaster
www.scottsbluffcountycert.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 08:04:57 AM »
Unless there is a way to sync our MM calendar with Google Cal and I don't know it?
Yes, you can sync MM cal with a Google cal, see: http://www.radishworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=372.msg1612#msg1612

tkleager

• View Profile
    • Scotts Bluff County CERT
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 08:55:45 AM »
The only issue I have is that it does not transfer over to our "Up Coming Events" module on our web site (www.scottsbluffcountycert.org)  I do how ever like the MM Calendar because I can set the reminders where I only get one notification when I set up the even in Google Cal.
Tyler Kleager
Scotts Bluff County CERT Webmaster
www.scottsbluffcountycert.org