Author Topic: Unit Responding Request  (Read 7666 times)

kc8zpi

• View Profile
    • Kent County Search and Rescue
Unit Responding Request
« on: June 04, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »
Not sure if Mission Manger can work with SARapp to add a responding feature. 

Once a call goes out it would be nice if members could respond to the callout from the app and show and ETA.  Once they are shown as available or enroute it would allow them access to subject information so they can look for the missing person as they are heading on scene. MM could have a spot for leadership to view how many units are responding and subtotaled by unit and maybe tie it into the check-in tab for staging.

Ryan Kelley
rkelley@kentcountsar.org

Deputy Director - Logistics and Support, Kent County SAR
Assistant Emergency Coordinator, Ionia County RACES
NASAR SARTECH II®/Evaluator

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Unit Responding Request
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 03:04:39 PM »
You might check out the "Email Prefixes" for responding on the MM Configuration, I think this will give you most of what you are looking for.  See http://www.radishworks.com/MissionManager/Help.htm#EmailSettings

kc8zpi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 04:00:36 PM »
Thanks I did not see that feature!

The email response is working for me but I my SMS test to the system did not work?  Not sure.  I just put the email address in the too field of the text.

A quick button on the sarapp for this items would be nice. 

Also any thought of added availability?  Some way for members to post in advance if they are out of town or unavailable.
Ryan Kelley
rkelley@kentcountsar.org

kc8zpi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 04:29:59 PM »
SMS test 2 did work.  Took a while for it to show.  Does this page auto refresh?
Ryan Kelley
rkelley@kentcountsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 05:24:56 PM »
SMS test 2 did work.  Took a while for it to show.  Does this page auto refresh?
These messages can take up to 5 minutes to show up in the list.  I think the page refreshes after 30 seconds.
A quick button on the sarapp for this items would be nice.
This would be up to the SAR folks. 
Also any thought of added availability?  Some way for members to post in advance if they are out of town or unavailable.
Currently there is no way to do this.  But I suspect it would be more effort than it would be worth, I think most people would forget to change their status.   :D

TF4Coordinator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 11:39:55 AM »
I have been experimenting with the notification aspects on Mission Manager.  I do not see a "responses" button on the Message screen.  I have looked at the help section on this and the example of the message screen shows where it is suppose to be but I don't have it.
Thanks

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 12:53:28 PM »
I have been experimenting with the notification aspects on Mission Manager.  I do not see a "responses" button on the Message screen.  I have looked at the help section on this and the example of the message screen shows where it is suppose to be but I don't have it.
Are you the system administrator or did someone else set up your account?  If you are not a system administrator, you will need to make sure you have the "Messaging - Responses" login permission or the "Responses" button will be missing for you.