Author Topic: Features and Changes  (Read 17350 times)

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Features and Changes
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 04:38:11 PM »
We did a few tests last month and the team loved it so we have officially went live with Mission Manager this month.
Great, glad things are working well for you!

Our secretary who handles time reports to our Chief really loves it. It cuts her monthly paperwork time down by a bunch.
Always like to hear MM is saving time and makes things more efficient  ;D

Is there any way you could possibly set the missions to recognize "Public Relations" or "PR" like it does training.
Done.  It should work like it does for training.

JT La Due-NCRR

• View Profile
    • Newton County Rescue and Recovery
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 09:31:01 AM »
Awesome, Just did a test Public Relations event and it worked perfectly!! As much PR events as we are a part of during the summer, this will be a huge help.

I did notice with our callout we had yesterday, and a test one I did today, the regular missions are not showing in the Time Keeping under the Call Outs. I'm not 100% sure if they were automatically before or not either. They create the time record but the Category is blank.

I realize this may be because we renamed the Missions Field on the menu to Call-Outs and in time keeping it's Call Outs (no hyphen). I am guessing, and it is purely a guess on my part, that it may either be because the menu has a hyphen and the time keeping doesn't, or simply because it is renamed call outs instead of Missions which I believe was the Mission Manager Default name for them.

I had named it call outs because I was thinking that name would better suit our needs, but now that we can use it for training and public relations as well, Missions would work fine for us if that is the issue. I have no problem changing it back (most likely will change it back as now Missions really fits us better since we consider trainings and other events missions anyways and not call outs but I wanted to check and see if that was potentially the problem before I went messing with anything)

Thanks,
JT
Lieutenant JT La Due
Newton County Rescue and Recovery
Newton County Missouri
http://www.NewtonCountyRescue.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 07:21:55 PM »
I did notice with our callout we had yesterday, and a test one I did today, the regular missions are not showing...
If possible, could you do a little more testing on this and see if you can narrow down the issue a little more?  I'm not sure I fully understand, but I can say that changing the menu "Missions" to "Call outs" should have no affect on time keeping.

JT La Due-NCRR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 08:24:32 PM »
Ok, I'll keep testing and see if I can do something that makes it work.

What I know now is that if I create a Callout with Public Relations or Training in the title, it records the time for the personnel with the category in time keeping as either Public Relations or Training. Call-Outs named "130807T- Missing Kayaker Training" and "130703T - Swiftwater Training" both set the Category in Time Keeping as Training.
The Call-Out named "130809PR - Public Relations Wildcat Water Fest" set the Category in Time Keeping automatically as Public Relations.

The two actual Call-Outs I created in the last couple days, "130804001 - Car in water - Wildcat" and "130808001 - Water Rescue Pineville", both left the category blank. I am attaching a screenshot of my time keeping overview that shows 4 records. The image is annotated with what I am referring to. Hopefully this will help clear up any confusion as to my issue. I will do a couple more test events in the meantime to see if I can get it to play nice though.
Lieutenant JT La Due
Newton County Missouri

JT La Due-NCRR

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 08:52:49 PM »
I have created 2 more test callouts and 1 more test public relations callout. The Public Relations recorded the Time Keeping Category properly as Public Relations but the 2 test callouts left the Time Keeping category as blank.

Please don't make this too big of a priority right now if you have other peoples issues to take care of. It is kind of annoying to go to time keeping and set the categories manually but in the big picture, it is not a big issue right now. With everything Mission Manager is making easier, having to set the category after a callout is not a big problem right now. Generally, we do more training and public relations than actual calls anyways.

Lieutenant JT La Due
Newton County Missouri

JT La Due-NCRR

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 09:10:44 PM »
Ok, good news. It was bugging the heck out of wondering if it was because I changed something in the menu or mission categories. I changed both the Menu Link back to Missions (I was considering doing this anyways as Missions really fits better now) and I changed the Category in Time Keeping from Call Outs back to Actual Missions. (I created a test account to find what it is named by default). I created a mission after that and it recorded it in Time Keeping properly as Actual Missions (previously renamed to Call Outs by me).

Based on my experience in web and database design without actually looking into the Mission Manager code I am suspecting my problem was happening because I changed the Time Keeping category from Actual Missions to Call Outs. My assumption is that the system couldn't find the Actual Missions category so it left it blank. (again, this is just my assumption but it makes sense to me based on my results.

Either way, it is working properly and leaving the Time Keeping category as Actual Missions will work just fine for our needs.!!

Thanks for your help!!
Lieutenant JT La Due
Newton County Missouri

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 06:52:35 AM »
My assumption is that the system couldn't find the Actual Missions category so it left it blank. (again, this is just my assumption but it makes sense to me based on my results.
That would exactly be the case!  Nice detective work.  Thanks for looking into it.

Mike  :D