Author Topic: Time Keeping and Mission Count  (Read 6210 times)

jlehman

• View Profile
    • San Bernardino County Sheriff's SAR
Time Keeping and Mission Count
« on: August 14, 2013, 08:41:32 AM »
It has been a long time since I messed with this, and in looking at the postings, it looks like I left my end of things hanging.

Our county is in the midst of changing how they want team stats reported. We rarely use MM for actual mission management since we are often not the first team called to an incident. If we are, then it is a mutual aid situation. As such, our mission and training stats are collected through the calendar/time keeping features. I am not getting a mission count even after adding "Mission" to various time keeping categories. For example, "Incident Support-Mission", "Search Ops.-Mission". These are county categories. The lone training category, "Training" works OK. Is it the parsing of the category name? Should I put a space instead of a "-"?

JL
Jeff Lehman
San Bernardino County SAR
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Time Keeping and Mission Count
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:55:43 AM »
Are you referring to the "Actual Mission (number)" in the "Agency Report" on the Time Keeping page?  (there is a complex calculation for this one, I will need to look at the code an explain)
Or the Mission Counts on the Reports page?   (this one is just the number of missions created in MM and totally separate from Time Keeping)

jlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 09:44:56 AM »
I am interested in the Actual Missions. Is getting a count via Time Keeping possible?

JL
Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 05:44:04 PM »
Is getting a count via Time Keeping possible?
It should be printed on the bottom of the [Print Agency Report] from on the Time Keeping Screen.  Is the total not there or reading "0"?

jlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 08:14:45 PM »
It is reading "0". It seems to capture the trainings by label, but not missions. This leads me to think that it may be something with the parsing of the text. For training the category is "124 Training" where there are 3 different mission categories, "120 Rescue Ops-Mission", "121 Rescue Ops Stdby-Mission", and "122 Search Ops-Mission".

JL
Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 09:08:28 PM »
I had to poke around the code to refresh myself on how these totals work, here goes:

All the total counts (the items that are "XXX (number)") are directly from the Configuration > Time Keeping Settings > "* Time Keeping Categories to show Number of Totals" setting.  The items in this setting need to match the "* Time Keeping and Calendar Categories".  So in your case I think you'll need to add: "120 Rescue Ops-Mission", "121 Rescue Ops Stdby-Mission", and "122 Search Ops-Mission", into the "* Time Keeping Categories to show Number of Totals" setting.  Then the totals should work as long as you have entries for them.

Does that make sense?  Let me know if that works for you.

Mike

jlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 07:13:08 AM »
That makes perfect sense, and I feel like a noob for missing it. I will make the change.

JL
Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

jlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 07:29:15 AM »
A related question...Now that this question is sorted out.

Our sheriff's office is making a change to the way that data are collected. They are removing all of the categories and reducing it to Missions, Trainings, Meetings, and Other. I suspect that this will foul up our legacy data. I can grab it all with an export before we throw the switch, but do you have any suggestions for minimizing any heartache with this transition?

JL
Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 09:56:39 AM »
do you have any suggestions for minimizing any heartache with this transition?
The only idea that comes to mind is when you add these new simple categories maybe leave the complex ones too so you can see all the past more detailed data on the reports.  You would need to experiment with keeping the detailed categories on the totals (number) settings verses the straight categories so users can select the other old ones by mistake.   Just a thought.

I could convert your old legacy categories to the new ones if you wanted me to, that would be pretty easy.  PM me if that's something you'd like to explore.