Mission Manager > Feature Requests and Issues

Feature Request

(1/2) > >>

Jeff Beckman:
I'll get the ball rolling on feature requests.  I know some of these are easier than others.

* On the 'Select Search' tab, an indicator for the 'Current Search Status' could be useful.
* On the 'Messaging' tab, the headers don't quite line up with the columns (Chrome) and some ranks take two rows of text.
* If a search is switched to closed and a team status is left as on assignment, InstaMapper continues to track indefinitely.  Not sure what a good fix is.
* A permission level for 'View Others Member Information'

Greg W:
For the third point, maybe a a check can be done by the software if any teams are out on assigment and a message displayed if so before the search status can be changed.

Radishworks:

--- Quote ---On the 'Select Search' tab, an indicator for the 'Current Search Status' could be useful.
--- End quote ---
Good Idea - Done.

--- Quote ---On the 'Messaging' tab, the headers don't quite line up with the columns (Chrome) and some ranks take two rows of text.
--- End quote ---
Fixed.  Although, depending on the data in your teams columns it could be off for you.  If so, email Mike a screen shot and I'll try to address.

--- Quote ---If a search is switched to closed and a team status is left as on assignment, InstaMapper continues to track indefinitely.  Not sure what a good fix is
--- End quote ---
Hmmm, I did a lot of thinking about this one.  Could do a message, could automatically change all the team status, but at the end if the day the easiest thing to do was to not collect GPS Tracking data for searches that are closed or suspended.  That should do for now.

--- Quote ---A permission level for 'View Others Member Information'
--- End quote ---
Done.  We now have: Read-only Others Member Info - With this access members will be able to view others member information but not edit it.  Access Others Member Information  must be set and one or more units must be selected in the Member Access column.

Mike

Jeff Beckman:
Last weekend SDMRT used the Mission Manager software and had everyone check in for our Helicopter Tactics training day.  I got lots of feedback about the Check In screen, some constructive, some just whining about methods changing.  Here is some of the more useful whining.  Any ideas on how to improve?

* "I can't see the screen." - This was really due to my poor selection of a check in area.  Any ideas on a high contrast option?  I've had some limited luck with white text on a black background.  I'll keep experimenting.
* "There aren't enough computers." - Again, my fault.  It would help out if we could figure out a way to give individuals partial access to active searches.  Then I could give everyone on the team access to the Check In screen for active searches, and individuals could use their smart phones.
* "Didn't I already check in?" - Several people had successfully checked in but were convinced it didn't work.  It might help to add Current Status somewhere (under picture?) on the Check In screen.
* "Now what?" - Once people were able to successfully Lookup ID Number, about a third of them couldn't find the Login to Search button.  I think the buttons being the same size and in the same spot threw people off.  Maybe move the login button?
Some of my personal feedback:

* Both the Check In Date and EOS Date calendar buttons are shifted to the right and don't visually connect with the text fields.
* It might be good to shove EOS Date, EOS Time and Round Trip Mileage to the right.  Maybe also label them required fields or something.  I'm on a 12" laptop now and there seems to be extra space.
Hope this helps.  As always, great job Mike.

Radishworks:
Hi Jeff,

--- Quote ---some just whining about methods changing
--- End quote ---
Some of our team did this the first couple times we used the system, but I saw a big change after just a few missions.  Now people seem to have shifted to wanting the new methods and if we have to fall back to old methods, then the whining starts  ;D.

--- Quote ---Any ideas on a high contrast option?
--- End quote ---
I've been thinking about different color themes, but haven't added this as an option yet.  One of these days.

--- Quote ---There aren't enough computers.
--- End quote ---
We had the same issues, but this problem is solving itself.  Along with their field packs our members are stating to bring their laptops.  Many members are now doing their debriefs on thier own computers.  Our limitation now is the wireless network connections and we hope to have that solved by next mission with our own secure wireless network at the CP.

--- Quote ---It might help to add Current Status somewhere (under picture?)
--- End quote ---
Done

--- Quote ---I think the buttons being the same size and in the same spot threw people off.  Maybe move the login button?
--- End quote ---
The check in button text now changes to "Check In", it gets bigger, and changes color.  Let's see if this helps.

--- Quote ---Both the Check In Date and EOS Date calendar buttons are shifted to the right and don't visually connect with the text fields.
--- End quote ---
Fixed.

--- Quote ---It might be good to shove EOS Date, EOS Time and Round Trip Mileage to the right.
--- End quote ---
Done.

As always, thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version