Author Topic: ID Number Recycle  (Read 6905 times)

Jeff Beckman

• View Profile
    • San Diego Mountain Rescue Team
ID Number Recycle
« on: May 08, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »
My team has an interesting problem with ID numbers, and I'm a little nervous about testing it.

In the past, our only identifier has been two digit radio number.  When we started using Mission Manager we made our ID numbers our radio number, proceeded by an acronym for our team.  The problem is that we only have 99 radio numbers, so we have to recycle them.

My question is this: If I have several members with identical ID Numbers, and only one is listed as Status-Active, will there be any problems? 

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: ID Number Recycle
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:50:21 AM »
If I have several members with identical ID Numbers, and only one is listed as Status-Active, will there be any problems?
Should be no problem.  Since only "Active" members can check in, any members inactive with the same ID number will be ignored.

ID Numbers really only come into play for Check In when members arrive on scene to a mission.  For this reason ID numbers should all be unique for all your active members.  The rest of the time, they are just a field that MM tracks for you.  In other words MM doesn't use the ID number to tie any records together or anything important, so changing them, doesn't really matter.

Mike