Author Topic: K9 teams  (Read 6239 times)

kc8zpi

• View Profile
    • Kent County Search and Rescue
K9 teams
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:16:58 AM »
How do you see K9 teams working in Mission Manger.  I see Animals under a user profile where you can show there K9 but I do not see how to assign that K9 to a team.  I have been making the handler the team leader and showing the flankers but would really like to show the K9 as part of that team.   I was thinking just just making a user profile for the K9 but wanted to check to make sure Mission Mangers is not already set to handle this in a different way.

Also sometimes our handles go out in a regular ground teams so we do not want to show the K9 on a team if it did not go.

Thank you,
Ryan Kelley
Ryan Kelley
rkelley@kentcountsar.org

Deputy Director - Logistics and Support, Kent County SAR
Assistant Emergency Coordinator, Ionia County RACES
NASAR SARTECH II®/Evaluator

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: K9 teams
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:49:39 PM »
Assigning K9s to teams has been a topic for discussion a couple of times.  Automating gets too complicated to make feature changes.  I.e. One handler, multiple K9s on the same assignment, one handler using another handler's K9 (some teams allow this  ???), switching K9's mid assignment, and the complexities continue.  MM Tries to add as much functionality as possible while trying to keep things simple for ease of use. 

Here are some tips for how different groups assign K9s to teams:
  • Create a Member profile for the K9s, and check them in and add them to teams just like the human Members
  • Add the K9 name that will be used to the "Notes" section of the team assignment
  • Not note the K9 name on the team assignment at all, instead count on the handler to put the K9 name(s) used in the debrief forms
Hope that helps, other teams may have other suggestions.