Author Topic: More Info On Team Assignment Map  (Read 6226 times)

btrautman

• View Profile
More Info On Team Assignment Map
« on: October 16, 2013, 11:31:58 AM »
We have found the print Team Assignment Map feature very handy as we start using the map function more often on our training's and operations. Is it possible to add a little more information to the map that prints out?
I know our agency would at least like the Team Name(we call it an assignment number), Team Leader, and Objective. I realize it will cut into the map a little but it would be helpful to keep everything strait.
Maybe it could even be a section in the configuration tab so a team can decide how much information is printed on the team map. Just a thought.
Sergeant Brent Trautman
Maryland Natural Resources Police
Tactical Response Team

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: More Info On Team Assignment Map
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 07:58:16 AM »
How about a compromise?   As you said, adding all the members, objective would cut a bit from the map, and also effect all the different map preset sizes.  The "Team Assignment" and the "Team Map" are designed to be a pair with all the information needed for the team to do what's needed.  But I can see how the two pages can get disconnected with no tie together.  So what's been added is the Team Name at the bottom of the Team Map.  Hopefully that will help  ;D.

btrautman

• View Profile
Re: More Info On Team Assignment Map
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »
That will certainly help keep things from getting separated. I certainly understand the intent is to print both the team assignment and the team map as a package. I guess my motive was to streamline things for the searchers. They would have the complete information on the team assignment, but they could keep only the map handy to reference their assignment objective/instructions and not have to fumble with multiple pieces of paper for a quick reference. I will certainly be happy with the compromise you have offered.  ;)
Thanks
Brent
Sergeant Brent Trautman
Maryland Natural Resources Police
Tactical Response Team