Author Topic: inserting current map into mission breifing  (Read 8890 times)

Dave9247

• View Profile
inserting current map into mission breifing
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:12:04 AM »
I can't seem to find the magic path to get my current mission map into the mission briefing. it there a book or tutorial somewhere? Some of this is pretty intuitive, but some is not.
Great program and thanks for sharing.

On the Teams page under Status, I cant find a finished assignment or completed assignment status. Only cancelled assignment
Dave
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:34:59 PM by Dave9247 »

Dave9247

• View Profile
Re: inserting current map into mission breifing
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »
I can't seem to find the magic path to get my current mission map into the mission briefing. it there a book or tutorial somewhere? Some of this is pretty intuitive, but some is not.

On the Teams page under Status, I cant find a finished assignment or completed assignment status. Only cancelled assignment
Dave

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 05:53:16 PM »
I can't seem to find the magic path to get my current mission map into the mission briefing.
The Mission Briefing should center on any map elements on your map.  I.e. try drawing something, place a marker, set a CP location etc. the briefing map should center on that.  The Mission Briefing map isn't always the best map, since is makes a lot of assumptions about how to print.  Its often better to print a map with the "Print Map" button on the Map page, that way you get the exact map you want, I.e. view, layers on, elements on/off, etc.

it there a book or tutorial somewhere?
There is a [Help] button on the lower right of all the screens.  There are a few (pretty old) videos on YouTube in the Radishworks account.  Would love to have more videos and tutorials, but they take a lot of work.  Maybe some helpful users want to help out with some videos?  I've seen a few user videos on YouTube too :D.

Some of this is pretty intuitive, but some is not.
The parts that are not, we always try to improve.

The options will change based on the current status of the team.  I.e. "finished assignment or completed assignment" will not be in the list until the seam status is set to "On Assignment".  Since MM created detailed reports for all the things your teams do on a mission, it tries to make sure you follow the correct options.  i.e. Pending > On Assignment > Finished Assignment > Debriefed. 

You are welcome  ;D

Dave9247

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:03:47 AM »
Thanks for your reply. For the mission briefing map, I did have 4 search areas defined and later in the evening, even for the team assignment map it wasn't picking it up. I think it's just a learning curve and "use it to know it".
I demoed it last night at the meeting and everyone was very positive about the value of the way the information was portrayed and displayed. We have a simulation on Oct. 26th and we are going to use it there.
Thanks again.

Dave9247

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 05:05:48 AM »
Still have not had any success with the mission briefing map. Spent a lot of time entering data, CP, search areas, etc and it still defaults to the orginal map. Other suggestions?

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 06:37:57 AM »
What is your team and mission name, we can take a look.   Also, what browser are you using?