Author Topic: rankings\supervisor  (Read 9166 times)

kc8zpi

• View Profile
    • Kent County Search and Rescue
rankings\supervisor
« on: November 03, 2013, 09:20:36 AM »
The ranking system for the supervisors is not working for us.   I think this is based on join date but that is not always the case.  Any way to make allow us to set a supervisor or rank our members?

Thank you
Ryan Kelley
rkelley@kentcountsar.org

Deputy Director - Logistics and Support, Kent County SAR
Assistant Emergency Coordinator, Ionia County RACES
NASAR SARTECH II®/Evaluator

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: rankings\supervisor
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 09:26:56 AM »
Nothing should be based on date.  Here's a link to how the supervisor rules work in MM: http://www.radishworks.com/MissionManager/Help.htm#Supervisor Rules

kc8zpi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:48:31 AM »
I'm sorry but I do not understand the directions.

Attached is the sample of how I have our support unit setup.  I think the only difference is that we changed Squad to Crew.  You will see the leader and then a group a and group b under that user.   We also have a team director and a deputy director above this leader.
Ryan Kelley
rkelley@kentcountsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 07:24:58 AM »
Setting up automatic org charts can be tricky.  Every team has different leadership, different ranks, team dividers, etc. etc. MM has to weed through all that and produce something that's "right" for your settings, no easy task.  Therefore MM has pretty strict rules to play nice with your teams data :D.   Someday MM may have more of a "build your own, drag and drop" org chart, but since there are tons of other programs to do that it seems like MM development effort should be put elsewhere - at least for now. 

With that said, I took a peek at your settings and at first glance it looks like your "Small Unit Group Field Name:" Configuration setting is a problem.  The member fields in this section should not include any "mission status" states.  I.e. "On scene, etc.".   If you really want to keep this type of member status on the members screen, make it a "Member Certification Level".   This post should have some helpful information: http://www.radishworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=553.0, there is some very relevant information in the links to the MM help here.

Hope that helps.  ;D

kc8zpi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 09:01:37 AM »
I don't know if its possible to do a join.me session to look at our setup.    I understand how tricky doing this can be but some of our settings and the output we are getting I just do not understand. 

I think it that the supervisor that is listed in the user status come from this automatic org chart. Is this something we can turn off or on?  It is confusing our members and sending out the wrong information.

The On Scene Support is a mission status but it is also a unit name.  Our support group has Net Control Operators and On Scene personal that have very different rolls for the group.

Thank you,
Ryan
Ryan Kelley
rkelley@kentcountsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 09:16:22 AM »
Here is another thread that might be useful: http://www.radishworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=571.0

I think it that the supervisor that is listed in the user status come from this automatic org chart. Is this something we can turn off or on?
"Supervisor:" has been removed from the user Status emails to avoid any confusion. 

n8jsn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 10:30:12 AM »
Darn..  We got a good laugh when a K9 team members supervisor was one of the other K9 handlers dogs :).

kc8zpi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 10:35:39 AM »
Yeah we figured it out when Duke ordered a few cases of Scooby Snacks.
Ryan Kelley
rkelley@kentcountsar.org