Author Topic: Feature Request - Fields added and a yearly mission report  (Read 6432 times)

kc8zpi

• View Profile
    • Kent County Search and Rescue
Feature Request - Fields added and a yearly mission report
« on: November 08, 2013, 09:24:20 AM »
Can we get a couple of fields added to the Mission General page?  This is data we collect but might be willing to use other standards.  I'm not sure what the Lost Person Behavior project tracks but maybe we could add their requirements and if so it could be a opportunity to submit all our data to that project.

Fields we would like...
Type - Full, Limited, Partial, Standby
Classification - (maybe this could be a area that we could put our own items in)  Missing, Dispondant, Mission Child, Autistic, Mutual Aid, Alzhimers, etc....

If we get this a report of all missions in a date range would be nice.  The google doc we are using has these fields.
Mission Name, Mission Number, Date, Type, Date of CAll, End Date, Type of incident, Classification, Age, Distance from PLS found, Location Found, Subject Description, County, City/Township, Time of Call, Weather

Thanks for what you do

Ryan Kelley
rkelley@kentcountsar.org

Deputy Director - Logistics and Support, Kent County SAR
Assistant Emergency Coordinator, Ionia County RACES
NASAR SARTECH II®/Evaluator

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Feature Request - Fields added and a yearly mission report
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 09:43:54 AM »
First let me address the Lost Person Behavior project.  One of the goals of MM was to use the mission data to develop some very good anonymous statistics on missing persons.   The best thing all teams can do to help this is to always enter useful information in their missions and subjects screens, especially the GPS locations for PLS/LKP and the Found Location.  Often teams forget to put in the Found Location.

I'm not sure the new fields you requested on the General screen is the right place for them.  I think Classification may be better as Mission Types.  I.e. Mission Goals can be different for a missing child verses someone who is dispondant. 

Yearly reports is something on the wish-list.

kc8zpi

• View Profile
    • Kent County Search and Rescue
Re: Feature Request - Fields added and a yearly mission report
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 01:53:53 PM »
It would be wonderful to pick a common classification and have it list the 25%, 50%, 75%, and 95% data.  This is the one of the first things we look up. Then we create circles on the maps from the LKP\PLS.
Ryan Kelley
rkelley@kentcountsar.org

Deputy Director - Logistics and Support, Kent County SAR
Assistant Emergency Coordinator, Ionia County RACES
NASAR SARTECH II®/Evaluator