Author Topic: email authentication  (Read 8553 times)

cbcert

• View Profile
email authentication
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:22:39 AM »
When I send email from MM, a warning appears at the top "This message may not have been sent by ..... "
The troubleshoot suggested:
We suggest contacting the admin of your Google Apps domain to set up email authentication. We use authentication to fight spam and abuse, so we highly recommend both SPF and DKIM for every mail sender to ensure your messages are classified correctly.

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: email authentication
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 11:21:31 AM »
Where are you seeing this message, in the email itself?  Is this something new?

cbcert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:51:21 PM »
It comes at the top if each message sent from MM. I thought it was just my email, but it shows on others as well who are using various email servers.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »
What appears to be happening here is this is gmail's way of warning you that the email sent through MM didn't come from the gmail server.  This is correct it didn't, it came from the MM server.  MM allows you to specify a return address of your choice for messages sent through the MM system, but since these emails are sent from a server that's not your own email server some email systems may show a warning like this. 

There may be a setting in gmail (or others) email systems that will remove this warning, but I don't know for sure.  Someone with more gmail experience might know. 

Another option is to use a non-gmail return address for your messages.  The return address can be in two places: 1. On the Messages screen and in the Configuration screen. 

Not much we can do on the MM side, and if we could make this message go away so could real spammers  :(

cbcert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 07:15:09 PM »
The return address on the configurations says notifications@radishworks.com

In the message screen it has my gmail address. If I use notifications@radishworks.com in the message screen, will the responses still come to me?

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 05:52:14 AM »
If I use notifications@radishworks.com in the message screen, will the responses still come to me?
No, if someone reply's to the message it will reply to notifications@radishworks.com.

cbcert

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:24:50 AM »
Ok, Thanks. I'll figure something out.