Author Topic: Guest users  (Read 5482 times)

edhenry1

• View Profile
Guest users
« on: December 04, 2013, 04:51:17 AM »
My question is probably answered somewhere in here but I was not able to find it, so any help is appreciated.

I know how to check a guest user into MM. My question is: Is there a way to incorporate a guest user so that they can receive mission information on a mobile device. For my team it is not an issue but when we respond to a search it normally involves multiple search teams and external groups like the police and fire departments. Creating a non-guest profile so that they have an API key is not practical. It also does not work if their email is associated with another MM account.   

Thanks for any thoughts, ideas, and help.

Dan

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Guest users
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:04:42 AM »
I'm not sure what type of information you are looking to share with guest members.  But here are some thoughts: 

Communication between teams and non-team members is a hard topic to address from a security perspective.  As you might guess, as soon as you start sharing or connecting your team with others it opens up the possibility of others getting more information than you had planned. 

You are correct giving non-members API keys has its issues, but it is a feature that is being considered - maybe. 

For messages, some team have set up special members in their accounts that have a special email address.  This special email address (or addresses) will send messages sent to their team to people outside their team.  Some cleaver teams have even used the MM Email Forwarding email feature to send callouts to more than one team at once by using this trick.

You can always use the "Share" button to share a mission with anyone with an email address.

Others might have some other thoughts here.

edhenry1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:07:23 AM »
I am wanting to share mission information to include task assignment, subject information, and clue info while still having the ability for them to report their position electronically. In short most of the things that you can do with a mobile device.

I will check out the share button.

Thanks

edhenry1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 09:22:46 AM »
I checked out the share button and I like the feature but it does not give me the ability to automatically track teams. Most of the mobile apps that I have tested have the ability to auto update positions.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 10:25:52 AM »
Giving a guest that much access to a mission, why not just make them a non-guest and give them a limited login and an API key?