Author Topic: InstaMapper back up and running?  (Read 13597 times)

tkleager

• View Profile
    • Scotts Bluff County CERT
InstaMapper back up and running?
« on: December 06, 2013, 08:46:14 AM »
I have been working with a new team in getting set up on Mission Manager and they had been looking at some videos I made for our team on Mission Manager.  He asked about Instamapper, which as most of us know shut down about a year ago.  Just on a whim, I when to look for Instamapper to see if any of the old info was out there, and low and behold it appears Instamapper is back up and running.  Anyone else know anything about it?

Mike, if this is true to be running, can we put it back into Mission Manager?

Or does someone have something better to use?
Tyler Kleager
Scotts Bluff County CERT Webmaster
www.scottsbluffcountycert.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: InstaMapper back up and running?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:50:50 AM »
That would be great, except that when I go to the http://www.instamapper.com site, I get nothing - page not found  :(.  Is there a new web address?  I still haven't found anything as good as old instamapper.

Are your videos anything you could share here?

tkleager

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 11:15:40 AM »
www.insta-mapper.com is the new address I found this morning.  Was just searching on a whim.

My videos are at https://www.youtube.com/user/SBCountyCERT.  I just did some stuff to help our members about about a year ago.  Nothing special or fancy.  I should probably remake them to get my personal info off there.
Tyler Kleager

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 01:10:16 PM »
The new site seems to be supported by ads, that's cool.   After all there needs to be some sort of income to keep free sites running  ;D

I'm a bit bothered that to sign up for the "free" account, you MUST enter a name, address, and mobile phone number.  That seems a little odd  ???.   The "terms and conditions" http://www.insta-mapper.com/terms-conditions/ are a lot more complex than the old InstaMapper.  I'm a bit skeptical for now. 

Has anyone tried it yet?

Mike

tkleager

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »
Testing tonight as I run around town with the family.  Will post results.
Tyler Kleager

fabio1605

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 02:40:20 AM »
Hey Guys

i am the guy who is re starting instamapper, we are a different team, i used to use insta-mapper a lot my self and was gutted when it went down so i decided to bring it up again

Our goal is to make insta-mapper back to what it used to be! And the ads...yes! thats to help fund it, as its been bloody expensive to get going!! so glad you see the possitive in that,  i have spent around 2000$ now to get it back up in app development, dedicated servers, and some bits of work we have had to out source.

If you guys have any feedback i would much appreciate it, i am doing my best to bring back what instamapper used to be like

Regarding it asking you for a mobile number, can you confirm where this is....it asks for mobile device(so we can see what device you have) but i didnt think we asked for a mobile number.

anyway, enjoy instamapper and i hope it gives you what you need and would really apprecaite your feedback

any queries email me at info@insta-mapper.com

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 07:11:32 AM »
Hi Fabio,

Thank you for the post and the explanation.  Its great you are getting the site back up.  I can very much relate to the expense of getting a and keeping a site up and running.

RE: Phone number.  My mistake.  On your registration page: http://www.insta-mapper.com/wp-login.php?action=register the field "Main Mobile Device(Iphone,Android,Windows,Tablet)" made me think this was a mobile phone number rather than a device.  I guess because of the requests for address information above this seemed like the next logical step.  Sorry about that.  You might want to consider a drop-down menu instead ;D.

I have some other suggestions I will send you in a PM.

Best of luck for the new IM site!

Regards,
Mike

fabio1605

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 09:06:18 AM »
Hey Mike, glad you got in touch will speak to over email

if anyone else has feedback get in touch with me via email as i will respond quicker, hopefully we can give you a 100% supportive product.

jgr826

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
I've setup my insta-mapper account and have downloaded their app to my mobile.
I have my insta-mapper device ID.
But I cannot figure out how to make it 'talk' to Mission Manager.
Does anyone know how to make this work with Mission Manager?

Jess Romero
www.searchone.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 12:02:38 PM »
Does anyone know how to make this work with Mission Manager?
This is a "new" insta-mapper (IM) and its only been around for a couple of months.  Currently it doesn't work with MM.  There are some missing features in the new IM API needed to make it work with MM.  We have been in contact with the IM folks and they are looking into expanding their API to support MM.

TARSAR

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 08:23:32 AM »
This is all great news!!