Author Topic: Integrating Multiple agencies into one mission.  (Read 7193 times)

jawbon83

• View Profile
Integrating Multiple agencies into one mission.
« on: January 17, 2014, 04:04:43 PM »
I am pretty new to MM and am a CERT OpsMgr/VP for a 4 county CERT team.  I have been working with a local EMA and we are trying to determine what the protocol is for integrating our MM missions and theirs.  From what I can gather, I need to "share" the mission with someone on the EMA team but will this integrate our operations into their mission as well? 

thank you for the work you do.  I will be trying to make MM the standard for CERT teams across my state.

jawbon83

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Integrating Multiple agencies into one mission.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 04:36:33 PM »
Welcome jawbon83.

You have the right idea when it comes to sharing missions between agencies, in most cases "Sharing" is the way to go.  Currently "sharing" doesn't transfer or copy your mission from your teams account into another teams account.  A "share" is just that, a share into your teams mission.  If another agency needs their own version of the mission, you always have the option of exporting things like map data so they can import it into their mission. 

There has been several discussions regarding mutli-agency interaction inside Mission Manager.  Mission Manager tries to find the balance between security and operations between agencies. 

Great news you will be recommending MM for state wide use.  Happy to say, MM seems to have become the standard in several states already.  We are even starting to get some attention at the federal level.  The more agencies that use MM, the more opportunity there is for multi-agency sharing.  You can assist MM, by helping us getting noticed by other agencies and at those higher levels :D.

jawbon83

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 02:03:36 PM »
I understand you are always looking to improve MM and I don't know what your capabilities are, but would it be possible to upload a mission to a cloud server so that agencies would not have access to member data but operational data?

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 07:30:31 PM »
would it be possible to upload a mission to a cloud server so that agencies would not have access to member data but operational data?
When you "share" a mission, this does not give access to the members screen, only the member names who are checked into the mission.  Typically if you trust an agency enough to share mission information, seeing your member names is acceptable.