Author Topic: Equipment Import logic  (Read 8598 times)

SFD CERT

• View Profile
Equipment Import logic
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:19:34 AM »
We seem to be having an issue and we need a little more info on how MM works.

We have an equipment table of everything we have for our team (PPE, medical equipment, etc.).  Many of our line items don't have a serial number (medical equipment, etc.).

We have 5 trailers full of gear - much of it not serialized, with a small percentage that does have a serial number (generators, etc.).

After importing 2170 items, only 708 items were actually imported.

We need to know what the logic is for how MM decides an item is a 'duplicate' and how it determines if you are updating an existing line vs. adding a new line.

We THINK our issue is the "Name" field is only 30 characters (we are assuming the system is using that field to determine unique items).  If we were to try to add in say our trailer number to force the system to identify it as an independent item, we would be left with only 24 characters to describe the item (our trailer numbers are the 5 digit City Vehicle number).  That's not really practical for the items we have inside (such as "Adhesive Bandages, Sterile" - 26 characters).  We don't have enough room to make a name of "Adhesive Bandages, Sterile 10732" as it goes beyond the 30 character limit.

Sooo...we are not sure how to fix this issue to actually get the import to work.  Our old spreadsheets had an "ID Number" that acted like a unique ID...but to integrate that number with the name isn't really practical (a. it chews into the characters needed for the name and b. it is difficult to 'manually' manage).

Can someone provide some info on how the table and import works?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:22:45 AM by SFD CERT »

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Equipment Import logic
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 06:57:22 PM »
Several things here, hopefully this will solve your import:
  • The logic is any matching "Name"s will be updated rather than inserted.  There is a new checkbox on the "Update Equipment with a matching Name" that will let you control whether an update or an insert (new) is done when a matching name is found.

• There is a new button "Delete ALL Team Equipment" button on the Import Equipment screen.  This will allow a you to delete all your teams Equipment whenever you like.

• Equipment Name field has been expanded from 30 chars to 80.

Hope this helps!

PS, Congratulations to your team for being so organized with all your equipment, nice work!    ;D

SFD CERT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 11:05:28 AM »
You guys ROCK!  One other problem - don't know if you need a separate thread or not...

I was able to delete the old data (AWESOME that we don't have to bug you guys as we test now!!)...re-imported with the 'update' flag off (KILLER feature!)...then tried to start uploading pics for the gear.  It will upload the first photo, but when you move to another piece of equipment, it takes you through the steps of choosing the photo, but doesn't upload it if it's the same file name.  Sounds weird, but say we have 35 USAR helmets, we may want a generic photo of just a helmet in the database instead of separate photos for each one.

You end up having to change tabs (click on say Documents, then back to Equipment), then it lets you import...but just one photo, then it locks up again.

It's as if a flag isn't being cleared when you move between records on the Equipment screen.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 12:59:36 PM »
it takes you through the steps of choosing the photo, but doesn't upload it if it's the same file name.
Fixed.  Thanks for the report.  (you may need to refresh w/F5)

SFD CERT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 01:52:32 PM »
Tried F5, closing the tab and closing the browser...still not loading.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 03:53:49 PM »
Tried F5, closing the tab and closing the browser...still not loading.
Working OK here.  :o  What browser are you using?

SFD CERT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 04:31:05 PM »
Chrome since it's the only one that lets me do the Off-Line stuff.

I'll check it when I get home on another machine...could be I need to clear my cache?