Author Topic: collapsing map elements issues  (Read 8765 times)

skmac

• View Profile
collapsing map elements issues
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:28:03 AM »
Admin-

We're experiencing an issue when attempting to collapse groups of elements under the map elements window.  The group/groups will collapse when selected to do so but after a few seconds the group will automatically open again.  This occurs with all of our maps, mission or non-mission.  It's not too problematic except for a few maps that have a dozens of elements within a few groups on them.  Please let me know if there is something we can do to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: collapsing map elements issues
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »
All Open/Closed states for these are saved in browser Cookies.  You can try clearing your browser's cookies and see if that solves the problem. 

skmac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 02:09:59 PM »
That seems to have worked for the main map when not logged in to a mission.  However, the issue is still occurring on the maps within the missions. 

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 02:12:20 PM »
Can you provide a reproducible case with steps?   I.e. all the steps needed to make this problem appear? 

skmac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »
Let's see if this is what you're looking for:

1. log in to mission
2. go to map tab
3. all of the map elements, within different groups, are visible
4. select one group of elements to collapse
5. while navigating through the remaining visible elements, the collapsed group reopens without being prompted to and all elements are visible again

Let me know if this is not what you are asking for.  Also, this is occurring on all of the accounts with admin privileges. 

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 04:02:24 PM »
Great, those are the steps needed.  Just need a little more description on how to set up the groups and the elements in the groups  :D

skmac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 06:20:25 AM »
Typically, when I'm putting elements on the map, I will create group names first.  I will next place elements on the map, either by marking coordinates or by zooming in to a point and placing a marker.  After all of the elements are added to the map, I will drag the map elements, populated in the list, up to whichever group they need to be placed in. 

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 06:53:57 AM »
Thanks for taking all the time to provide all the details here.  Problem found and fixed.

Good bug report, thanks again!  ;D

skmac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 07:18:39 AM »
Thank you for the very quick fix.  I really appreciate you spending time on this matter!