Author Topic: callout system thru Twillo  (Read 5795 times)

jeff hatten

• View Profile
callout system thru Twillo
« on: May 02, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »
My unit is trying to find a better call out system than we one we have been using. Seems that a lot of our team members never get the phone call, text msg. or email when they are sent out. I would like to know some opinions from other users. on the callout system thru Twillo used by Mission Manager. This would really help a lot. thanx Jeff,  Mason County Search and Rescue.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: callout system thru Twillo
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »
I am involved with two teams that make heavy use of the Twilio voice phone call system that Mission Manager uses. From time-to-time a certain text page might inexplicably be delayed for one reason or another due to cell phone provider issues, but the phone calls always come through. I would definitely encourage you to sign up for a Twilio account and give it a shot. Also, Twilio offers a free trial account too.
Eric

SDCART1

• View Profile
Re: callout system thru Twillo
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 02:41:05 PM »
We use a Twilio account and it works great.  As our team members live in three different area codes, I got an 800 number.  We use it for callouts and messages.  And it is CHEAP!  I think I have spent a total of $60 in three years for it.