Author Topic: Realtime Tracking  (Read 12429 times)

kd5kdf

• View Profile
Realtime Tracking
« on: June 24, 2011, 12:04:05 PM »
Mike I am having a Problem again. I can not get the realtime tracking to work. I have the master API code in the config screen I have the mission to active I have the device key assigned to the team. at the bottom of the map screen you can see where it says updating team but nothing is on the map. Please let me know what we are doing wrong.

Thank You
John.R

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Realtime Tracking
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 03:12:07 PM »
One more thing to check.  For each of your Instamapper devices IDs make sure "API Access" is enabled.  Its rather tricky to find on the Instamapper site, try looking here: http://www.instamapper.com/fe?page=api

Also make sure you can track the phone from the Instamapper site.  If Instamapper doesn't have a track, neither will MM.

BTW, I love the Instamapper stuff, but one of these days we should be able to replace it with a simpler method directly in MM.

Mike

pamiggy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »
Mike,
I'm working with John R on the real time tracking. My phone is API enabled on Instamapper and Instamapper is tracking me. I've have done all of the above that John R has mentioned: Device Key and Master API in Config screen, Device Key attached to my team assignment entered,etc but still no real time tracking on MM. Help, this is really a nice piece of software but we keep on having this problem. Miggy

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:00:23 PM »
Is your team status set as "On Assignment" ?

pamiggy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »
Yes

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »
What is your team name, mission, and team # you are having trouble with.  I'll take a peek and see if I can spot something.

(You can PM it to me if you need to)

Mike

pamiggy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 06:18:29 AM »
Mike
I'm with SearchOne Rescue Team. The mission is Miggy's test. The team is #8 interview . Another question, how do you delete teams you might have accidentally created by hitting the wrong button. Thanks for all your help. We are really eager to get MM up and running for our team. Miggy

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »
OK I hope I found the problem here.  I checked your mission and the mission was set to "Closed" (General screen).  When I set it to "Active" and changed your team 8 to Active, some Instamapper tracks came in.  I did need to back date the team start time, to get some older team tracks as I doubt you have your Instimapper app active right now.

I hope that was the issue, if you still have trouble, let me know.  We'll need to set a time when you can activate your Instimapper application so I can see the data come in.

Mike

pamiggy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »
Thanks, Mike I'll checked it out

Jeff Beckman

• View Profile
    • San Diego Mountain Rescue Team
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »
There's something else that took me a bit to figure out and may be worth mentioning.  Mission Manager is setup to work with a single InstaMapper account containing several devices (all with API Access enabled, as Mike said).  So it's better to have a single InstaMapper account for your whole team, containing a bunch of device keys, which you pass out.  Individual members don't need InstaMapper accounts, just the app on their phone.